A lively and warm Los Angeles family is seeking a flexible, proactive nanny to join them on an 8-month US/Europe Tour!
- Location: The family is typically based in Los Angeles, CA, but the tour will be across the United States and Europe.
- Ages of children: 18 months old
- Contract dates: ~33 weeks, April 2023 through Mid November 2023
- Schedule: Full-time, guaranteeing 40 hours per week while on tour. Candidates can expect to work between 4-6 days per week while on tour.
- Compensation: The family is offering $32-40/hour based on the 40-50-hour/week schedule. A retainer rate of $800/week will be paid for the 3-5 weeks of time off between tour segments, which equates to a contract base compensation in the $50k-65k for 33 weeks dependent on experience and the agreed-upon schedule. The family may be open to candidates who are seeking a higher compensation package commensurate with experience.
- Benefits: The family is open to providing paid time off. A weekly food stipend may also be provided while on tour, though most meals and groceries will be provided!
- Accommodations: Accommodations will be provided while on tour. The family will be happy to fly a candidate to their home base or another location during off-time.
- This spontaneous, movement-loving, and adventure-seeking family is excited to find a nanny to join their team! Their 18-month-old toddler is described as being curious, intelligent, sensitive, strong, and cheeky. He enjoys people who keep him engaged through activities, music, stroller walks, and playing outside!
- Mom and Dad are highly involved in their child’s day-to-day life. Their professional workloads ebb and flow, so they have the opportunity to spend a lot of time together as a family. They utilize a Montessori approach and are excited to work with someone who is committed to creating a safe and independent environment for their child to grow confidently. On the road, their community grows exponentially. The family of three will be surrounded by a village of co-workers who have become close friends after years of traveling together for months at a time. They are excited to find a nanny who can be a vibrant, professional, flexible extension of their family!
- This position is ideal for a candidate with an all-hands-on-deck attitude who is naturally organized and has a high energy, playful outlook with calm, steady reactions in a fast-paced environment. Both parents will be working in supporting roles while on tour, and are hopeful to work with a candidate who brings a strong sense of professionalism to the role and understands that they are an extension of the parents in the tour environment. Someone who is open-minded, vibrant, communicative, and passionate about travel, good-hearted people, and exploring quality food and new possibilities would be a perfect match for the family!
- Responsibilities include creating a consistent, comfortable play environment for the child to grow and thrive. Researching age-appropriate activities in each destination, light children’s meal preparation, tidying up common areas, helping the family stay organized, and packing/unpacking/transporting the child’s luggage. The role will be split between focusing on the child and assisting the family’s smooth transition from place to place. A single travel day will likely involve cars, a tour bus, and plane transport. A candidate should be comfortable and confident following directions and being on the move in unknown places.
- While not a requirement for the role, the family would love to work with someone who has past tour nanny and/or other relevant experience!
- 3 years of professional childcare experience
- Valid passport
- Valid driver’s license
- Fully vaccinated and boosted (when eligible) against COVID-19 prior to start date in accordance with applicable laws
- Knowledge and experience with age-appropriate developmental milestones
- Experience traveling with families and children
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!