Adventure Nannies is steadfastly committed to protecting and advocating for all members of the LGBTQIA+ community, and with the current social climate in mind, we are honored to take a moment here to center the experiences of trans people and highlight ways that we can take action to support them.
Trans Day of Visibility is an annual event that takes place on March 31st, which is meant to celebrate the lives and accomplishments of transgender and gender non-conforming people, while also raising awareness about the discrimination and challenges they face. This day was first observed in 2009 and has since gained global recognition as an important date in the LGBTQIA+ calendar. Trans Day of Visibility is particularly important right now given the anti-trans political climate that exists in many parts of the world. In recent years, there has been a significant increase in anti-trans legislation, policies, and rhetoric, which has created an increasingly hostile environment for trans people. This includes attempts to restrict trans people’s access to healthcare, housing, employment, and education, as well as ongoing violence and harassment. The day is a chance for trans people to be visible, to share their stories and experiences, and to raise awareness about the issues they face. It is also a time for allies to show their support and to help amplify the voices of trans people. The celebration of Trans Day of Visibility is a reminder that trans people are an integral, beloved, respected, and valued part of our communities and that they deserve to be treated with dignity, respect, and equity. It is a call to action to end the discrimination and violence that trans people face and to create a more inclusive and just society for all.
How To Celebrate + Honor Trans Day Of Visibility:
- Educate yourself and others: Take some time to learn more about transgender and gender non-conforming identities and the issues they face. Share what you’ve learned with others in your community.
- Attend or organize events: Look for events happening in your area or organize your own event to celebrate the day. This could include a rally, march, art exhibit, or panel discussion.
- Amplify trans voices: Share stories and experiences of transgender and gender non-conforming people on social media or in your personal networks. Use the hashtag #TransDayOfVisibility to help spread the word.
- Support trans-led organizations: Donate to organizations that support the rights and well-being of transgender and gender non-conforming people.
- Advocate for trans rights: Contact your elected officials to express your support for trans rights and speak out against discriminatory policies and legislation.
- Show your support: Wear a piece of clothing or accessory in the colors of the transgender flag (blue, pink, and white) to show your support for the community.
- Take action: Commit to taking action beyond Trans Day of Visibility to support the transgender and gender non-conforming community, such as volunteering with an organization, participating in advocacy efforts, or attending a training on how to be a better ally.
At Adventure Nannies, we continue to advocate for equitable, inclusive, and welcoming treatment for all people. On Trans Day Of Visibility and beyond, we remain committed to creating space and belonging for all people while using our inherent privilege to center and amplify the voices of those within our community who are experiencing extreme, dangerous bias from social interactions to legislation.
If you are looking for an exceptionally skilled nanny, newborn care specialist, or private educator for your child, we’d love to hear from you!
If you feel that you have what it takes to become an Adventure Nanny, newborn care specialist, or private educator, reach out to us.