A playful, personable, and artistic family is seeking a driven and passionate nanny to join them in caring for their toddler!
- Location: Los Angeles, CA
- Ages of children: Almost 3 years old
- Start date/Contract dates: Beginning of October or as soon as they find the right fit!
- Schedule: Full-time, guaranteeing 40 hours per week with the general schedule falling on Monday through Friday from 9 am to 5 pm. Flexibility for one date night per week, occasional weekend support, and the ability to travel with the family will be asked in advance and appreciated. For the perfect fit, the family is happy to discuss changes to the schedule to accommodate a candidate’s needs and preferences!
- Compensation: The family is offering $40-45/hour based on the 40-hour/week schedule, which equates to an annualized base compensation of $83-93k/year range dependent on experience and the agreed-upon schedule.
- Benefits: The family is open to providing benefits including paid time off, paid holidays, health insurance stipend, and relocation assistance based on candidate need and the full benefits package.
- Live-in/Live-out: Live-out
- The family’s almost-3-year-old loves to swim, read, and play with anything that has wheels or an engine! He is a sweet and curious boy who is excited to learn, try new things, and meet new people. Both parents are passionate about life and are always looking to learn from every situation. They care deeply about the health of their minds, bodies, souls, and this planet and choose to have a holistic, sustainable, and ethical filter through everything they do. Their home is nurtured and fueled by the arts and is often filled with music, dance, laughter, play, kindness, and curiosity. These fun-loving parents are in and out of the house regularly and like to maintain a relaxed and joyful vibe at home.
- The family loves to travel and they hope to find a candidate who is eager to support them both at home and on their travels! They are a progressive and nurturing family that looks forward to inviting a candidate to their team who can integrate into their home, adapt to their family’s style and structures, and can be a loving, conscientious, and a professional member of their family for years to come!
- This position is ideal for someone with a glass-half-full mindset who is also growth-minded, compassionate, and great at communicating! Being able to strike a balance between being confident and adaptable will be key to helping foster open communication and collaboration with the parents.
- A candidate who brings a developmentally minded approach to the day and proactively researches, and implements activities and educational play while supporting the children’s curiosity and exploration, will thrive alongside the family. Responsibilities will mostly focus on child-related tasks, but the family is also seeking someone who can balance their childcare duties with tasks like the child’s laundry, light meal prep, light housekeeping, grocery shopping, and errands.
- Bonus qualifications: While not a requirement for the role, the family would love to work with a candidate who brings experience with Montessori, Waldorf, RIE, and/or an early childhood education background, and who loves to continue learning and growing in their profession.
- While not a requirement for the role, the family is excited to work with someone who has a big appreciation for food and is eager to incorporate that passion into the role and assist with supporting occasional simple, healthy meal prep!
- At least 3 years of professional, full-time childcare experience
- Valid driver’s license and passport
- Recent, applicable experience caring for toddlers
- Flexibility to travel with the family
- Ability to adhere to strict healthy home/healthy child protocols
- Ability to swim and care for toddlers around water
- Comfortable providing simple, healthy meal prep for the children (and ideally the whole family!)
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!