First-time CA-based parents that split their time between Marin and Tahoe are seeking an easygoing, confident nanny to join them in caring for their newborn baby!
- Location: Kentfield, CA and Truckee, CA
- Ages of children: Newborn
- Start date/Contract dates: As soon as they find the right fit!
- Schedule: Full-time, guaranteeing 50 hours per week with the general schedule falling on Monday-Friday from 8:00-6:00pm. Flexibility to provide date night, weekend, and travel support (which the family does frequently!) with advanced notice will be essential for the perfect person. The family looks forward to designing a schedule that best supports all parties with their chosen candidate!
- Compensation: The family is offering $30-35+/hour based on the 50 hour/week schedule, which equates to annualized base compensation of $80-95+k/year range dependent on experience.
- Benefits: The family is open to providing benefits including paid time off, paid holidays, health, dental and vision insurance, and relocation assistance based on candidate need and the full benefits package.
- Live-in/Live-out: Live-in. A private bedroom and bathroom will be provided at all residences and when traveling. At the family’s main residences in Marin and Truckee a guesthouse on property will be available.
- These chill, private first-time parents just welcomed their newborn this April, and are enjoying and adjusting to their first weeks at home with baby! The family’s two delightful, affectionate dogs have been curious and loving towards the newest member of the family. These dual-career parents describe themselves as being a mix of homebodies and adventurers who love traveling the world, and imagine that they will travel every few months when their baby is no longer a newborn! Until then, the family will continue splitting their time 70/30 between Marin County (70%) and Truckee, California (30%) where they have homes with ample outdoor space and room for activities, including swimming, hiking, and snowshoeing!
- Both parents are eager to work with a nanny who is a collaborative partner in caring for and raising their daughter! Someone who is confident in providing loving and warm care, supporting the family between their two homes and on their travels, and being a general team player will thrive in this family’s home dynamic. This multilingual family speaks French, Farsi, and English in their home and the parents hold a wide variety of interests from turning their house into a smart home and playing games, to spending time with friends and traveling the world! A candidate who is travel-ready, adaptable, and dog-loving will be excited to join this laidback family in caring for their newborn baby girl.
- This position is ideal for someone who is infant-savvy and excited to provide kind, empathetic care while working with first-time parents! A candidate who is eager to be a part of the family while working in a child-centric role will thrive in this position and household team. The family hopes to work with someone who is confident in providing excellent care, attentive to detail, who values honesty and discretion, and is excited to be a collaborator and partner to these loving parents in raising their child.
- Responsibilities include partnering and transitioning care with the family’s doulas, child-related meal preparation, and pitching in elsewhere as needed! The family works with other part-time household staff like housekeepers, landscapers, and maintenance folks, and household related duties and tidying will be mostly child-related.
- While not a requirement for the role, this family would love to work with someone who speaks a second language (Farsi, French, Spanish or others) and/or possesses a Bachelor’s degree!
- Valid driver’s license and passport
- 3 years of professional childcare experience
- Comfortability driving in the snow
- Travel experience
- Fully vaccinated and boosted (when eligible) against COVID-19 prior to start date in accordance with applicable laws,
- Comfortability preparing basic meals for the child
- Dog friendly!
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!