A tightly knit, NYC-based international family is seeking a warm, travel-ready nanny to join them in caring for their loving 3-year-old and sweet newborn!
- Location: SoHo, NYC
- Ages of children: 3 years old and newborn
- Start date/Contract dates: As soon as they find the right fit!
- Schedule: Full-time, guaranteeing 40 hours per week with the general schedule falling between Tuesday – Saturday with the occasional weekend off, and the option to rotate between working hours of 10am – 6pm, 1pm – 9pm, or 2pm – 10pm. Schedule will rotate based on need and the family is offering flexibility based on a candidate’s desire to work a variety of hours! Flexibility for evenings, weekends, and travel will be asked and appreciated with advanced notice!
- Compensation: The family is offering $30-35/hour based on the 50+ hour/week schedule, which equates to an annualized base compensation of $83-100+k/year dependent on experience.
- Benefits: The family is open to providing benefits including paid time off, paid holidays, health insurance and/or a health insurance stipend, matching 401k contributions, gym membership, and a MetroCard based on candidate need and the total compensation package.
- Live-in/Live-out: Live-out. The family is willing to consider a housing stipend for the ideal candidate. In the case of overnights, an apartment adjacent to the family’s home will be provided in NYC. Private accommodations at all other locations, including the family’s home in Miami, will be provided when traveling.
- This friendly family of four, along with their senior dog, just relocated back to NYC from Miami after welcoming their newest addition in May 2022! This family describes themselves as fun and laid-back – laughing is a big part of their lives, and they don’t like to take life too seriously.
- They travel frequently for work within the United States, often visiting their second home in Miami, as well as traveling to Europe and Mexico frequently. Both parents have different cultural backgrounds, and they speak Spanish and German in their household. The parents are in and out of the house during the day, and a candidate who is adaptable, collaborative, worldly, and loves to travel will fit well into their dynamic!
- Their gentle 3-year-old son attends a local preschool and absolutely loves it. When he’s not in school, he is being active and running around outside.
- This position is ideal for a candidate who is experienced with infants and preschoolers, travel-ready, engaging, and gentle! Because Spanish and German are spoken in the home, and while not a requirement, the family would love to work with a candidate who speaks one of the two languages to keeping the flow in this trilingual home environment.
- A candidate who brings a professional and collaborative approach and is happy to divide and conquer with parents in caring for the children, keeping things organized around the home, helping with light housekeeping, simple dog duty, and basic family tasks will be appreciated.
- The parents are hopeful to find a candidate who can be a part of their family unit, and be truly present with their children while at work, prioritizing play over screen time and phone use. They are open and happy to work with a candidate who would be relocating to NYC!
- 3 years of professional childcare experience
- Valid passport
- Experience with the newborn through toddler stages, and the associated developmental milestones
- Flexibility to travel domestically and internationally with the family
- Comfortable working with parents in the home
- Ability and willingness to assist with common household tasks and errands
- Dog Friendly!
- Fluency in Spanish and/or German is a very strong preference
- Fully vaccinated and boosted (when eligible) against COVID-19 prior to start date in accordance with applicable laws
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!