A heart-filled Bay Area-based family is seeking a gentle, proactive, and collaborative nanny to join their family and team at home and on their many travels!
- Location: Palo Alto, CA
- Ages of children: 12, 6, and 3 and almost 1 years old
- Start date/Contract dates: As soon as they find the right person!
- Schedule: Full-time, guaranteeing 45 hours per week with the general schedule falling Tuesday through Saturday. The candidate will work either an AM shift from 7am to 3pm or PM shift from 12:00pm to 8pm or similar. A candidate who is open to a Wednesday-Sunday schedule one weekend/month will be key. Flexibility for travel, overnights, and evenings will be asked and appreciated, and the family looks forward to designing a schedule at least a month in advance that works well for all parties!
- Compensation: The family is offering $40+/hour based on the 45+ hour/week schedule, which equates to annualized base compensation of $100+k/year dependent on experience
- Benefits: The family is open to providing benefits including paid time off, paid holidays, a health insurance stipend, a vehicle for professional use, and relocation assistance based on candidate need and the full benefits package.
- Live-in/Live-out: Live-out. The family is open to providing some of the following housing support for the perfect relocation candidate: monthly housing stipend, landing pad in the au pair apartment on their property, or offering a nearby carriage house as long-term off-site accommodation.
- This bustling, four kid family, along with their service dog and backyard chickens, is a fun bunch! They are excited to add another nanny to their family team to partner with mom and au pair. In addition to English, both parents speak Spanish and their au pair speaks German, and this family loves to travel when the opportunity arises! They have plans to visit Hawaii and Germany this year, spend time in Los Angeles annually, and are eager to find a nanny to join their family on these travels and at home in the Palo Alto area!
- Their loving, social 12-year-old has special needs due to a rare genetic disease. She is like a 2-year-old developmentally, non-verbal, and dependent on caretakers for basic needs, including feeding, dressing, diapering, g-tube, and requires help walking. She attends public school during the day and therapies after school. The 6-year-old is very outgoing, social, and loves learning to read, swimming, and playing with the family dog and friends when not attending kindergarten at a local private school. Their energetic 3-year-old attends a play-based preschool 3 mornings a week, and she loves playing dress up, with her babies, stickers, and art. She is working on doing everything “herself” and working on her budding independence. Their youngest, who adores and is adored by her older siblings, is described by her parents as being a very calm, sweet baby, and is currently on their joyful journey into toddlerhood!
- This position is ideal for a candidate who is excited to work on a team, is travel-ready, tidy, worldly, and enjoys working in a bustling household. A candidate who is willing to follow the family’s firm-yet-fair discipline style and has experience working with a wide array of age groups, as well as recent infant experience, will thrive in this role!
- Someone who is a true team player will be a natural fit with this family. The nanny, au pair, and mom will partner together to support the children and household. A positive, can-do attitude and willingness to pitch in with child-related housekeeping, like meal prep and laundry is key along with adding collective energy to maintaining an organized environment is a huge part of making this household and family thrive day-to-day.
- While experience with special needs and comfortability swimming and caring for kids around water are big pluses for this family, they are ultimately excited to work with an experienced, loving nanny who can show up every day with warmth and a collaborative, team-minded approach. They are happy to train on care for their eldest daughter!
- 3 years of professional childcare experience
- Valid driver’s license and passport
- Knowledge and experience with age-appropriate developmental milestones
- Fully vaccinated and boosted (when eligible) against COVID-19 prior to start date in accordance with applicable laws
- Experience traveling with families and children
- Pet friendly! Willing to support light pet care.
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!