A respectful and close-knit family in Portola Valley is seeking an educationally and developmentally-minded nanny to join their nanny team!
- Location: Portola Valley, CA
- Ages of children: 6, 4, and a 2-month-old infant. This is a team-minded role, and the nanny will be supported by other nannies, staff, and parents.
- Start date/Contract dates: As soon as they find a great fit
- Schedule: Full-time, guaranteeing 50 hours per week with the general schedule falling on Monday through Friday from 7am to 5pm. Additional hours for evenings, weekends, and travel will be asked for in advance and appreciated.
- Compensation: The family is offering $45-50/hour based on the 50-hour/week schedule, which equates to an annualized base compensation of $129-143k/year dependent on experience and the agreed-upon schedule.
- Benefits: The family provides benefits including paid time off, paid holidays, health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, matching 401k at the start of employment, and professional development reimbursement. The family will provide a vehicle for professional use.
- Live-in/Live-out: Live-out. The family is open to providing a housing stipend for the perfect relocation candidate.
- This cohesive Bay Area family is excited to welcome another nanny to their team who can help to accelerate their children’s educational, social, and emotional development. They describe themselves as busy, fun-loving, and growing, and just welcomed a baby brother in October of this year. Their almost 6-year-old daughter is in full-time kindergarten and their almost 4-year-old daughter is in part-time preschool. These parents allow their children to explore their interests, encourage them to try new things, and reward them for their hard work, no matter the outcome. Both children know Mandarin and one of their nannies is a native speaker who aids in their Mandarin language development.
- These dual-career parents work from home a couple of days per week and are supported by a fully staffed home that includes an estate manager, two housekeepers, and two other nannies who have been with the family for 3+ years who tag-team household duties and childcare, and share full charge of the new baby. They also have one sweet little dog who may require occasional light care. In their free time, the family enjoys traveling around traditional school breaks spending time in Lake Tahoe, Hawaii, Montana, Chicago, and Maine. The family typically knows their travel schedules 4-6 months in advance.
- This position is ideal for someone who can support the children’s academic development alongside nurturing their social and emotional development. Someone who has experience working on a nanny team and in a fully-staffed home will be valued.
- Responsibilities include supporting morning and after-school routines, homework help, driving to and from activities, and engaging in educationally and developmentally appropriate play and activities. Candidates must be able to travel with the family and maintain organization, routines, and task management both at home and while traveling. This role requires communicating with other team members, sharing meal prep and grocery shopping, light pet care, and supporting the children in tidying up after themselves.
- While not a requirement for this role, the family would love to work with a nanny who enjoys swimming, skiing, and traveling, and who possesses Bachelor’s degree in an education-related field or teaching credentials with elementary-aged children.
- 3 years of professional childcare experience
- Valid driver’s license and passport
- Strong understanding and grasp of age-appropriate developmental milestones, or education credits in Early Childhood Education.
- Dog friendly! Willing to support light pet care
- Fully vaccinated and boosted (when eligible) against COVID-19 prior to start date in accordance with applicable laws
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!