An adventurous and entrepreneurial family in the Bay Area is seeking an experienced and developmentally-minded nanny to join their nanny team!
- Location: Palo Alto, CA
- Ages of children: 1 and 3 years old
- Start date/Contract dates: As soon as they find the perfect fit!
- Schedule: Full-time, guaranteeing 45+ hours per week with the general schedule falling on Monday through Friday from 8 am to 5 pm. Additional hours for date nights, weekends, and travel will be asked for in advance and appreciated. The family looks forward to designing a weekly schedule that supports all parties with their nanny team!
- Compensation: The family is offering $45-50/hour based on the 45+ hour/week schedule, which equates to an annualized base compensation of $111-123k/year dependent on experience and the agreed-upon schedule. The family may be open to candidates who are seeking a higher compensation package commensurate with experience.
- Benefits: The family is open to providing benefits including paid time off, paid holidays, a health insurance stipend, a vehicle for professional use, and relocation assistance.
- Live-in/Live-out: Live-out. The family may be open to providing a temporary landing pad for the perfect relocation candidate.
- This loving and close-knit family loves innovation, adventure, and traditions. At 3 and 1, both children enjoy arts and crafts, gymnastics, swimming lessons, playing together, and getting out into nature. Their eldest currently attends preschool part-time and their youngest will begin preschool in the spring of 2024. They are supported by a weekday nanny, and other weekend/on-call support, and are excited to build a loving, playful bond with a new nanny on the team both at home and while traveling!
- These dual-career parents are regularly in and out of the home, and they enjoy traveling both domestically and internationally to destinations like Malibu, Joshua Tree, and New York City, and have extended travel planned to Jordan! They look forward to their nannies joining in on their numerous adventures. This is a fully-staffed home environment that includes another full-time nanny, a chef, a housekeeper, and a house manager, so collaboration and team-mindedness are very important for this role.
- This position is ideal for a candidate who has experience supporting two children under five and has a background in child education and development. The family is looking for a candidate who has extensive baby, toddler, and preschool-age experience, and can provide structure, focus on the children’s education, and take charge when necessary, all while maintaining flexibility for the family’s needs. The ideal candidate will have an educational background and be engaging, energetic, and a team player. They should also be open to feedback, practice discretion, and be able to set and maintain loving boundaries while encouraging good manners and behavior in the children. Fostering a love of learning is an important aspect of this role, so someone who naturally loves to learn will be a great fit!
- Responsibilities include creating a safe and loving environment for the children to grow and thrive. This includes but is not limited to providing safe and reliable transportation to and from school and activities, communicating with parents and other caregivers, ordering supplies, keeping common areas tidy, and preparing meals for the children. The nanny should be travel-ready, comfortable working as part of a team in a fully-staffed home, and be willing to contribute to household tasks as needed.
- While not a requirement for the role, the family would love to work with a candidate who possesses a Bachelor’s degree or higher, ideally in an education-related field, and/or a candidate who has experience working with children who learn with ADHD. The family speaks both English and Arabic in their home, so the opportunity to work with an Arabic-speaking nanny would also be a big plus!
- 3+ years of professional childcare experience, with preference for those with 5+ years of full-time experience
- Valid driver’s license and passport
- Knowledge and experience with age-appropriate developmental milestones
- Experience working with two children under the age of four
- Experience working on a team, with a preference for those with fully staffed home experience
- Fully vaccinated and boosted (when eligible) against COVID-19 prior to the start date in accordance with applicable laws
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!