A loving, private family of three in Florence, South Carolina is seeking a self-assured, proactive nanny to join their family team!
- Location: Florence, SC
- Ages of children: 8 years old
- Start date/Contract dates: As soon as they find the right fit!
- Schedule: Full-time, guaranteeing 40 hours per week Monday-Friday with general working hours falling between 6:30am and 8pm. The family would love to work with a candidate who is open to providing before-school and after-school support, alongside flexibility for travel, additional hours, and weekend support may be asked and appreciated with advanced notice!
- Compensation: The family is offering $35-40/hour based on the 40-hour/week schedule, which equates to an annualized base compensation of $73-83k/year range dependent on experience and the agreed-upon schedule.
- Benefits: The family is open to providing benefits including paid time off, paid holidays, a health insurance stipend, a vehicle for professional use, and relocation assistance based on the candidate’s need and the full benefits package.
- Live-in/Live-out: Live out. The family has a private, separate home on their property that they are open to providing as a temporary landing pad for up to six months.
- This creative, busy, outdoor-loving family is excited to find a self-starting nanny who can take the lead in supporting their elementary-aged kiddo. At 8 years old, he attends school during the week at a local private school. In his free time, he loves arts and crafts, Pokémon, exploring the garden, swimming in the pool, and playing with their sweet dog!
- The grandparents serve as caregivers for their grandson, and they work with an amazing, down-to-earth household team including a household manager, personal assistant, other childcare providers, and grounds staff. They love to travel and give their grandson as many opportunities as possible- and regularly enjoy taking trips to Disney World and Europe. A candidate who can confidently jump into a fully-staffed home and create a nurturing, structured, and play-focused environment will be valued!
- This position is ideal for someone who is confident in collaborating with a team, excited to support a family who travels frequently, and eager to take charge in providing warm, holistic care to a growing 8-year-old. A candidate who is patient and adept at helping set and maintain boundaries for children who require additional behavioral support to navigate their day will be valued. A person who has experience working with children with ADD/ADHD and who brings a communicative, professional, and discrete demeanor to the role will thrive. Comfortability accompanying the child to medical and therapy appointments will be essential.
- Responsibilities include managing the child’s day-to-day routine from morning to bedtime, homework help, light children’s meal preparation, child-related housekeeping and laundry, planning playdates and enriching activities including local outings and adventures, traveling frequently with the family, supporting light pet care, and being a general team player as needed!
- While not a requirement for this position, the family would love to work with a candidate who speaks French!
- 3 years of professional childcare experience
- Valid driver’s license and passport
- Knowledge and experience with age-appropriate developmental milestones
- Experience traveling with families and children
- Ability to swim and comfortability caring for children in and near water
- Dog friendly! Willing to support light pet care
- Qualified ADD/ADHD and early childhood education experience strongly preferred
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!