A heart-filled family of three is seeking a nurturing, resourceful, and communicative rotational nanny/family assistant to join them in caring for their two children!
- Location: Denver, CO and Basalt, CO
- Ages of children: 5 and 7 years old
- Start date/Contract dates: As soon as they find the right fit!
- Schedule: Full-time rotational schedule of 1 week on/1 week off with the general schedule falling on Monday through Sunday from 6am to 8pm. A candidate can anticipate working 84+ hours/week during on-weeks. The schedule may adjust to accommodate the family’s summer and travel schedules, with longer rotations on/off to be anticipated during those times. A maximum of 10-20 hours of family assisting support will be asked during off weeks, notice will always be provided in advance. On the off weeks, the hours are largely flexible as long as the work is completed!
- Compensation: The family is offering an hourly rate equivalent to $85-100+k/year annualized base compensation dependent on experience and the rotational schedule.
- Benefits: The family is open to providing benefits including a vehicle for personal and professional use, paid time off, paid holidays, a health insurance stipend, and relocation assistance based on candidate need and the full benefits package.
- Live-in/Live-out: Live-in. A fully private and separate unit at the family’s Aspen home and a private, separate apartment in Denver will be provided for the perfect relocation applicant.
- Based in Aspen, this loving mom along with her two children and senior dog are on-the-go, adventurous, playful, and caring, and enjoy spending long weekends and breaks in Denver and other exciting places! The children will attend 2nd Grade and Kindergarten in the Aspen area starting in the fall, and enjoy spending weekends and school breaks with their mom in Denver. When they are not in school, both kids are very active and enjoy outdoor activities such as biking, hiking, swimming, and skiing. If they are not adventuring and exploring, the children spend their time indoors making arts and crafts, reading, and cooking. The 7-year-old boy loves sports, games, and animals, and the 5-year-old girl enjoys outdoor activities with her brother as well as playing dress-up during playdates with friends.
- Mom is in and out of the house regularly, as she runs several businesses and is launching a new project soon. She prioritizes and enjoys spending as much time as possible with her children above all else, and is eager to find a true partner and collaborator in caring for her children and helping her household run smoothly! This family loves to travel and typically spends about 8-12 weeks traveling per year, so a candidate who brings travel readiness to their role will be key.
- This position is ideal for someone who brings a love for the outdoors, professionalism, and an all-hands-on-deck spirit to their role. A candidate who is passionate about creating a positive and safe environment for the children to thrive will be valued by the family for years to come! This family values kindness, teamwork, curiosity, creativity, collaboration, and clear communication. They are excited to hire a proactive, resourceful, and detail-oriented candidate who brings tenderness to each day and can set and maintain loving boundaries in a relaxed yet structured environment.
- Responsibilities include fulfilling family assisting tasks, children’s meal preparation, light tidying and pet care, children’s laundry, child-related inventory management, grocery shopping, and providing safe transportation for the children to and from their homes in Aspen and Denver. The family works with a housekeeper in both locations in addition to other executive staff members. As the children spend every other week (except during extended travel when the rotation may adjust) at their father’s house in Aspen, the candidate can expect to spend a few hours on those weeks prepping the home ahead of the children’s return, tidying up when they leave, or managing a project or two.
- A candidate who has a Bachelor’s degree and is interested in cooking for the family in addition to family assisting responsibilities would be welcomed and appreciated, but is not required for an otherwise perfect applicant!
- Valid driver’s license and passport
- Comfortability driving in the snow
- 3 years of professional childcare experience
- Confident swimmer and caring for children in/around water
- Fully vaccinated and boosted (when eligible) against COVID-19 prior to starting date in accordance with applicable laws
- Comfortability in preparing basic meals for the children (bonus points for the whole family!)
- Family assisting experience
- Experience traveling with families and children
- Dog friendly! Willing to support light care
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!