A private, travel-loving family in Portland, OR is seeking an encouraging nanny to join them in caring for their children!
- Location: Portland, OR
- Ages of children: 6 and almost 5 years old. They are expecting their third child in late July!
- Start date/Contract dates: July 1 or as soon as they find the right fit!
- Schedule: Full-time, guaranteeing 40 hours per week with the general schedule falling on Tuesday through Saturday. Candidates can expect to work 8 hours per day, with the typical schedule falling between 6am and 8pm. Candidates will be asked to support 1-2 early morning shifts per week. Saturday shifts would end by 1pm.
- Compensation: The family is offering $35-38/hour based on the 40-hour/week schedule, which equates to an annualized base compensation of $73-79k/year dependent on experience and the agreed-upon schedule.
- Benefits: The family is open to providing benefits including paid time off, paid holidays, a health insurance stipend, and relocation assistance based on candidate need and the full benefits package. A vehicle will be provided for professional use.
- Live-in/Live-out: Live-out preferred. The family is happy for a candidate to spend the night ahead of any early morning shift and is open to discussing a live-in option for the right candidate. Live-in accommodations would consist of a private bedroom and ensuite bathroom in the family’s home.
- This organized, relaxed, and fun Portland-based family is so excited to be welcoming their third child this summer. Their two boys, ages 6 and 4, love doing arts and crafts, building, playing with the family dogs, and reading stories. Both attend school full-time during the week, so the candidate will primarily focus on the baby during the daytime hours and supporting afterschool routines in tandem with Mom. Their eldest requires additional support with reading and has some social fears. A candidate who brings a supportive, patient, and warm demeanor is key!
- The family enjoys eating healthy food and playing outside whenever they get the chance. In the winter, they love traveling to sunny, warm destinations and to UK/ Europe in the summer. This is a collaborative working environment as Mom works part-time outside the home, and Dad works from home. They enjoy working with nannies who are fun, encouraging, and great multitaskers!
- This position is ideal for someone who is a confident partner to growing families! With baby number three on the way, the parents are excited to work with a candidate who is comfortable caring for a wide range of ages and can be a supportive, dynamic member of their team. The family is comfortable working with a candidate who doesn’t have experience with newborns/infants but is excited to work with babies! Mom will be home with baby for the first few months. A candidate who is excited to tag-team with parents and pitch in where needed will excel in this role.
- Responsibilities include creating an environment for the child(ren) to grow and thrive, child-related household tasks including but not limited to meal prep, tidying, organizing of children’s areas, and errands, before and after school routines, coordinating activities, and traveling with the family throughout the year. A willingness to jump in with walking the family dog or running to the grocery store will be key!
- While not a requirement for the role, the family would love to work with a candidate who has a bachelor’s degree!
- 3 years of professional childcare experience
- Valid driver’s license and passport
- Travel experience
- Knowledge and experience with age-appropriate developmental milestones
- Dog friendly! Willing to support light pet care
- Fully vaccinated and boosted (when eligible) against COVID-19 prior to start date in accordance with applicable laws
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!