A warm and supportive family in Westchester, NY is seeking a confident, hands-on nanny and family assistant to help care for and engage with their children!
- Location: Westchester, NY
- Ages of children: 7, 10, and 13 years old
- Start date/Contract dates: As soon as they find the perfect fit!
- Schedule: Full-time, guaranteeing 40 hours per week with the general schedule falling on Monday through Friday from 1 pm to 9 pm. Opportunities for regular overtime are available if the candidate is interested! Additional hours would be used to support family assisting tasks while the kids are at school, later evenings, weekends, or occasional overnights.
- Compensation: The family is offering $35-45/hour based on the 40-hour/week schedule, which equates to an annualized base compensation of $73-94k/year range depending on experience.
- Benefits: The family is open to providing paid time off, paid holidays, a health insurance stipend, a vehicle for professional use, gym membership, continued education training and tuition reimbursement, and relocation assistance. If a candidate possesses their own vehicle, the family will reimburse for mileage.
- Live-in/Live-out: Live-out
- This bustling and loving family lives just north of NYC in Westchester, NY, and they look forward to welcoming a nanny into their crew! Their 13-year-old son is described by his parents as being mature, good-natured, and warm-hearted. He loves soccer, wrestling, baseball, video games, and math! Their 10-year-old daughter is quite independent for her age and is a big fan of art, Taylor Swift, lacrosse, basketball, cooking, and baking. She tends to go with the flow and is a conscientious student. Their youngest daughter is described as being energetic, charismatic, funny, and dynamic. She has dyslexia and really thrives with one-on-one time and with caregivers who can be patient and supportive when she struggles to feel understood. All three children have ADD/ADHD and manage well with routine, structure, engagement, and clear expectations. This family also has a small dog.
- These dual-career parents are in and out of the home on a regular basis, and though there could be some overlap time when a parent is home, a candidate who is comfortable working independently will be a great fit! This family enjoys traveling both domestically and internationally around the kids’ school schedules, and they would welcome their nanny to come along if the candidate desired!
- This position is ideal for someone who loves engaging and connecting with kids and providing holistic support for the family! Someone who will enjoy planning fun, educational, and/or athletic activities to engage the kids with each day will be valued. From kicking around a soccer ball, to baking a cake, helping with homework, and building with Lego, the kids will love someone who’s excited to be hands-on with them. Be proactive, tech-savvy, and intuitive! The family looks forward to meeting a candidate who is comfortable working independently and who can confidently make decisions, create and hold boundaries with the children, and initiate tasks. Someone who would be excited to partner with the parents to create schedules, chore charts, and reward systems will enjoy this role!
- Responsibilities include creating a loving and consistent environment for the children to grow and thrive. Child-related tasks include but are not limited to driving the kids to and from activities, meal prep, tidying, organizing children’s areas, running errands, after-school routines, and coordinating activities. Family assisting responsibilities could include light pet care, meal planning, grocery shopping, managing online returns, calendar management, etc. A candidate who is open to house and pet sitting while the family travels will be appreciated!
- While not a requirement for the role, the family would love to work with a candidate who has unique creative skills or interests that they can bring to the role! They would also welcome candidates who have a background or interest in behavioral therapy or working with children with ADD/ADHD or dyslexia.
- 3 years of professional childcare experience
- Valid drivers license
- Ability to swim and comfortability caring for children in and near water
- Knowledge and experience with elementary, middle, and high school-age children
- Dog friendly! Willing to support light pet care
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!