A warm, low-key family of four is seeking a lively, proactive nanny/ family assistant to join them in caring for their two children and household in Hoboken, NJ!
- Location: Hoboken, NJ
- Ages of children: 3.5 and 1.5 years old
- Start date/Contract dates: As soon as they find the right fit!
- Schedule: Full-time, guaranteeing 46 hours per week with the general schedule falling on Monday to Thursday 8am to 7:30pm. Flexibility for travel, evenings, and overnights will be asked in advance and appreciated!
- Compensation: The family is offering $35-40/hour based on the 46-hour/week schedule, which equates to an annualized base compensation of $90-100k/year range dependent on experience and the agreed-upon schedule. The family may be open to candidates who are seeking a higher compensation package commensurate with experience.
- Benefits: The family is open to providing benefits including paid time off, paid holidays, health insurance and/or a health insurance stipend, a MetroCard, and relocation assistance based on candidate’s need and the full benefits package. A vehicle will be provided for professional use.
- Live-in/Live-out: Live-out. A landing pad will be available for the perfect relocation candidate. While live-out, candidates are welcome to occasionally spend the night due to the nature of the schedule.
- A laid-back, considerate family in the Greater NYC area is seeking a partner in caring for their kids! At 3.5 years old, their eldest is in school full-time during the week. He loves to read (and is learning to read himself), do puzzles, run around outside, and see his friends. At 1.5 years of age, their youngest attends half days at daycare a couple of times per week and is busy learning how to walk and talk. She loves asking to see her brother first thing in the morning, as they are two peas in a pod!
- As a family, they love to get out and do activities together like going to the zoo, museums, or the beach. They spend a few weeks per year traveling and spend their summers in Montauk. A willingness to join them on occasional trips and in Montauk over the summer will be key! As a part of their family team, the family employs a housekeeper and an additional part-time nanny. Both parents work outside the home, so a candidate who can be independent and proactive in managing childcare and keeping the household running smoothly will be a great contributor!
- This position is ideal for someone who is excited to support a family in a holistic way! A candidate who can jump into the role feet-first and provide an upbeat, warm environment for the children while being able to pitch in around the house will be key! Experience with the early toddler through preschool ages will ensure a candidate is confident and comfortable in the role.
- Responsibilities include creating an environment for the children to grow and thrive, child-related household tasks including but not limited to meal prep, tidying, organizing of children’s areas, and errands, before and after school routines, coordinating activities, and traveling with the family throughout the year. Family assisting duties are running errands, light family meal planning and preparation, grocery shopping, coordinating vendors, and picking up around the house as needed.
- Driving experience is strongly preferred! While not a requirement for the role, the family would love to work with a candidate who has a French language background! The children’s grandmother is French, and they would love the additional exposure.
- Comfortability preparing meals for the entire family
- 3 years of professional childcare experience
- Fully vaccinated and boosted (when eligible) against COVID-19 prior to starting date in accordance with applicable laws
- Knowledge and experience with age-appropriate developmental milestones
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!