An active and upbeat family based in New Orleans is seeking an enthusiastic long-term nanny with a team-player attitude to join their family in the Big Easy!
- Location: New Orleans, LA
- Ages of children: 12,11, 9, 4 years old
- Start date/Contract dates: January 2023 or as soon as they find the right fit!
- Schedule: Full-time, guaranteeing 40 hours per week with the general schedule falling on Monday through Thursday 12-8 pm and Fridays 12-6 pm.
- Compensation: The family is offering $35-40/hour based on the 40-hour/week schedule, which equates to an annualized base compensation of $72-83k/year range dependent on experience and the agreed-upon schedule. The family may be open to candidates who are seeking a higher compensation package commensurate with experience.
- Benefits: The family is open to providing benefits including paid time off, paid holidays, health insurance and/or a health insurance stipend, vehicle insurance assistance, and relocation assistance based on candidate’s need and the full benefits package.
- Live-in/Live-out: Live-out.
- This bustling family has 3 daughters and 1 son and they are all bright, dynamic kids who love to stay busy with activities like soccer, dance, choir, theatre, and being outside. When they’re not busy with homework or after-school activities, they enjoy time at home when they can sit down together for dinner and a game of Rummikub. This family also has a sweet yellow lab who is a loving part of the family.
- Both parents are busy professionals who are in and out of the house regularly. They run an efficient and empathetic ship and are looking for a candidate who has an all-hands-on-deck mentality and who can enthusiastically support all of the moving parts. This family doesn’t typically travel with their nannies, but they do spend summers in The Hamptons and would love to find a nanny willing to spend some time with them during the summer months.
- The ideal candidate for this role is a true team player who will be able to thrive working both autonomously and collaboratively and will be excited to engage with the children each day. A candidate who is confident working with siblings, can navigate the tender world of children’s emotions, and is eager to help where help is needed will be key. This family is hoping to meet a candidate who will be a positive role model for their children and who is looking for long-term support that will provide a mutually beneficial partnership for years to come.
- Responsibilities include providing a safe and loving environment for the kids as well as driving them to and from school and activities, children’s meal prep, light pet care, straightening of kids spaces, grocery shopping, errand running, and playing with dog! The family assisting work would primarily happen while the kids are at school, and the family looks forward to meeting a candidate who enjoys flexing childcare and other family assisting duties.
- While not a requirement for the role, the family would be excited to meet a candidate who speaks Mandarin.
- 3 years of professional childcare experience
- Valid driver’s license
- Fully vaccinated and boosted (when eligible) against COVID-19 prior to starting date in accordance with applicable laws
- Knowledge and experience with age-appropriate developmental milestones
- Dog friendly! Willing to support light pet care
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!