A lively and affectionate family in Pennsylvania is seeking an educationally-minded career nanny to join them in caring for their children!
- Location: Newtown, PA
- Ages of children: 9, 9, and 5 years old
- Start date/Contract dates: As soon as they find the perfect fit!
- Schedule: Full-time, guaranteeing 40 hours per week with the general schedule falling on Mondays and Tuesdays from 7am to 5pm, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 11am to 6pm, and Fridays from 11am to 5pm or similar. Flexibility to support occasional evenings, weekends, and travel will be asked for in advance and appreciated.
- Compensation: The family is offering $40-50/hour based on the 40-hour/week schedule, which equates to an annualized base compensation of $83-104k/year range.
- Benefits: The family is open to providing paid time off, paid holidays, a health insurance stipend, a vehicle for professional use, relocation assistance, and a significant retention bonus based on longevity.
- Live-in/Live-out: Live in or out. If live-in, the family will provide a private bedroom with a walk-in closet and a full bathroom tucked away in the finished basement of their home. There is a private entrance, and the nanny would also have access to the family’s home gym and theatre.
- This playful and warm-hearted family lives in Newton, PA, about 35 minutes from Princeton, NJ. They have three active school-aged children and two friendly dogs! All three kids attend school full-time and enjoy extra curriculars. Their twin boys are 9 years old, and outside of school, they enjoy basketball, golf, cars, fishing, and theater, and they are also involved in a local Cub Scouts chapter. Both boys are dyslexic and receive great support from school, along with summer tutoring. Their 5-year-old daughter loves attending dance classes, listening to Taylor Swift, playing with Barbies, and hopes to begin gymnastics soon. They are all big animal lovers, too. In addition to their two dogs, the family also has two pampered pigs who live outside in a fenced-in area with a small kennel-type dwelling that is heated and air-conditioned!
- These hands-on parents use a positive parenting approach and look forward to working with a candidate who aligns with this. They work hard to teach their kids empathy and kindness and see these as essential life skills. Both parents are in and out of the house regularly throughout the day. During breaks from school, they enjoy traveling to their second home in south Florida, and occasionally visit destinations like the Caribbean and Europe. They look forward to working with a nanny who will be open to joining them!
- This position is ideal for an educationally-minded career nanny who is a gentle disciplinarian who enjoys engaging with school-aged kids and collaborating with hands-on parents. A candidate who can anticipate what needs to be done and keeps things organized and orderly will be valued. This family will appreciate working with someone who is self-motivated and who will support the children’s confidence through positive communication around behaviors and expectations. A nanny who strikes a balance in engaging all of the children’s interests when planning fun activities will be a hit!
- Responsibilities include creating a safe and loving environment for the children to grow and thrive, child-related tasks including but not limited to meal prep, tidying, organizing of children’s areas, before and after school routines, driving to and from school/activities, homework help, maintaining daily routines, coordinating activities, and traveling with the family throughout the year. Family assisting duties are running errands, light meal planning and preparation, grocery shopping, dropping off packages to be mailed, packing for the kids for vacations, occasionally picking up prescriptions for the kids at the local pharmacy, coordinating vendors, and managing the family calendar.
- While not a requirement for the role, this family would love to work with a candidate who has experience supporting children with dyslexia.
- 3 years of professional childcare experience
- Knowledge and experience with children ages 5-10+
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience traveling with families and children
- Ability to comfortability caring for children in and near water
- Dog friendly! Willing to support light pet care
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!