An active, music and nature-loving family of four is seeking a compassionate, travel-ready, and positive discipline-aligned nanny to join them in Chicago!
- Location: Northfield, IL, just outside of Chicago
- Ages of children: 3 years old and 5 months old
- Start date/Contract dates: As soon as they find the right fit!
- Schedule: Full-time, guaranteeing 40-50 hours per week with the general schedule falling on Monday through Friday from 7am to 4pm. Flexibility for nights and weekends will be asked in advance and appreciated.
- Compensation: The family is offering $40-45/hour based on the 40-50 hour/week schedule, which equates to an annualized base compensation of $83-128k/year range dependent on experience and the agreed-upon schedule.
- Benefits: The family is open to providing benefits including 2 weeks paid time off/year, paid holidays, health insurance stipend, and relocation assistance based on the candidate’s need and the full benefits package.
- Live-in/Live-out: Live out. The family is open to providing a temporary landing pad outside of the home for the right candidate while they secure housing.
- This loving and easygoing Chicago family has two incredible kids and a housecat! Their three-year-old son is a sweet, high-energy, and very smart boy who loves snuggling, reading books, and watching movies, but mostly loves to play! He likes swinging, climbing, running, sports, arts and crafts, bicycling, and more. His parents describe him as an energizer bunny kid with a sweet side who loves his little sister more than anything. He is enrolled in half-day preschool Tuesdays through Fridays and enjoys the walk to and from school. Their five-month-old daughter is a very calm baby who is happy and sleeps great. They can’t wait to see what kind of personality she develops! These parents are passionate about raising respectful and empathetic children who care about others and the environment. They love to garden, support local farms and businesses, take hikes and nature walks, and are considering getting backyard chickens and a dog in the future!
- Mom and dad are busy professionals who are very involved with their children’s daily lives! They aim to instill individuality and self-sufficiency in their children and support their social-emotional development with positive parenting strategies. Travel is also a big part of life for this family and they look forward to working with a nanny who will be excited to join them! They often take extended trips to NYC, LA, and Mexico, and they look forward to adding new destinations in 2023.
- This position is ideal for someone who loves babies and toddlers and enjoys getting down on their level and connecting! A candidate who is positive and proactive and has knowledge of Montessori concepts. Someone who can provide consistent and gentle social-emotional support will thrive, alongside a light-hearted and silly demeanor. Having an eagerness to collaborate with the parents will be valued, as they appreciate open communication and brainstorming different parenting and discipline strategies with their nanny for mutual support and consistency.
- Responsibilities include creating a warm, loving, and safe environment for the children to grow and thrive. Childcare duties include but are not limited to feeding, dressing, napping, and dropping off/picking up from preschool. Child-related household tasks include but are not limited to meal prep, tidying, organizing children’s areas, and running errands as needed. A candidate who can see a need and proactively fill the need will thrive!
- While not a requirement for the role, the family would love to work with a candidate who has experience traveling with families and young children!
- 3 years of professional childcare experience
- Valid driver’s license and passport
- Fully vaccinated and boosted (when eligible) against COVID-19 prior to starting date in accordance with applicable laws
- Knowledge and experience with age-appropriate developmental milestones
- Experience traveling with families and children
- Ability to swim and comfortability caring for children in and near water
- Dog and Cat friendly! Willing to support light pet care.
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!