A fun-loving, outdoorsy family of five based between the Baltimore/DC areas is seeking a developmentally-minded live-in nanny to join them in caring for their three children!
- Location: Glenwood, Maryland
- Ages of children: 8.5 years old, 4 years old, and 11 months old.
- Start date/Contract dates: As soon as they find the right fit!
- Schedule: Full-time, guaranteeing 40-45 hours per week plus the option of overtime with the general working hours falling between Monday through Friday from 7:00am-7:00pm. Flexibility to adjust hours to support evenings and weekends and travel will be asked in advance and appreciated!
- Compensation: The family is offering $35-40/hour based on the 40-45 hour/week schedule, which equates to an annualized base compensation of $73-99k/year range, not including overtime, dependent on experience and the agreed upon schedule. The family may be open to candidates who are seeking a higher compensation package commensurate with experience.
- Benefits: The family is open to providing benefits including paid time off, paid holidays, a health insurance stipend, a vehicle for personal and professional use, car insurance, and relocation assistance based on candidate need and the full benefits package.
- Live-in/Live-out: Live-in. A suite in the family’s home with a private entrance, bedroom, bathroom, kitchenette, and living area will be provided.
- This easy-going and welcoming family of five is excited to find a nanny to join their crew! Their 8.5-year-old and 4-year-old are playful and imaginative kids. Their oldest is described by his parents as being energetic, and gets a kick out of making his family laugh. Their preschooler is friendly and outgoing. Both children attend full-day school during the week, at separate institutions, so daytime hours will focus on providing care for their youngest. They welcomed their third child last spring, and she is described by her parents as being tiny, mighty, and inspirational!
- This close-knit, dual-career family has had wonderful experiences with past caregivers, and are excited to find a candidate who can be a beam of support to their family as a nanny/family assistant in the coming months. They also have an additional caregiver who supports afterschool routines, and a housekeeper who comes weekly.
- This position is ideal for a candidate who has a background in child development, especially early childhood development. A confident, collaborative nanny who is comfortable working with children in the infant through elementary age groups is essential. They are eager to work with a candidate who will be a warm, adaptable, dynamic, and collaborative partner in care alongside the parents.
- Responsibilities include creating an environment for the children to grow and thrive, pitching in with children’s laundry and organizational projects and homework, light meal preparation, and a willingness to pitch in with some family assisting duties as needed! Day-to-day responsibilities will include tag-teaming with the parents on school drop-offs, pick-ups, and infant care. The family looks forward to shifting the daily schedules and responsibilities alongside their nanny as their needs evolve.
- 3 years of professional childcare experience
- Valid driver’s license
- Knowledge and experience with age-appropriate developmental milestones
- Fully vaccinated and boosted (when eligible) against COVID-19 prior to start date in accordance with applicable laws
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!