A silly, loving family of four is seeking an organized nanny/family assistant to join them in Brooklyn, NY!
- Location: Brooklyn, NY
- Ages of children: 2 and 4 years old
- Start date/Contract dates: As soon as they find the right fit!
- Schedule: Full-time, guaranteeing 42.5 hours per week with the general schedule falling on Monday through Friday from 11 am to 7:30 pm. Flexibility for occasional travel, evenings, and weekends will be asked in advance and appreciated!
- Compensation: The family is offering $35-45/hour based on the 42.5-hour/week schedule, which equates to an annualized base compensation of $79-102k/year range dependent on experience and the agreed-upon schedule. The family may be open to candidates who are seeking a higher compensation package commensurate with experience.
- Benefits: The family is open to providing benefits including paid time off, paid holidays, health insurance and/or a health insurance stipend, and a MetroCard.
- Live-in/Live-out: Live-out
- This organized, loving, and musical family is very open-minded and adventurous. Their 4-year-old daughter loves dancing, singing, animals, art, and zooming around on her scooter. Their 2-year-old son is always on the move! He loves to run, climb, dance, and spot all of the dogs he can find at the park. Both kids will be in school, and the eldest attends full-time while the youngest attends a few days per week. They also have a sweet cat at home who enjoys taking her alone time.
- This family follows a gentle parenting approach. The parents like to foster a warm, fun, and creative environment in their home, and they love spending time at the large park nearby. When they’re not at home in Brooklyn, the family loves to take shorter domestic trips throughout the year with a longer international trip in the works for summer 2023! Dad works outside of the home while mom is a stay-at-home parent. They look forward to partnering with someone who brings a proactive, organized, and nurturing approach to their role.
- This position is ideal for someone with an abundance of energy, patience, a sense of humor, and creativity to help keep up with two amazing kids and give them as many full life experiences as possible! A candidate who is experienced with sibling dynamics and is excited to grow into a family assisting role will thrive. The family is excited to work with a candidate who brings an open mind, collaborative and intuitive approach, and who is able to anticipate and meet their needs.
- Responsibilities include creating an environment for the children to grow and thrive, light children’s housekeeping, children’s laundry, light children’s meal preparation, and pitching in where needed with family assisting tasks while the children are in school.
- While not a requirement for the role, the family would love to work with a candidate who has an early childhood education background and can bring an educational bent to the day!
- Valid passport
- 3 years of professional childcare experience
- Experience working with multiple children in a role
- Knowledge and experience with age-appropriate developmental milestones
- Ability to swim and comfortability caring for children in and near water
- Fully vaccinated and boosted (when eligible) against COVID-19 prior to start date in accordance with applicable laws
- Family assisting experience
- Travel experience
- Cat friendly!
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!