An energetic and beach-loving family based on Sullivan’s Island, SC is seeking a positive, patient, and supportive family assistant/nanny to help in caring for their children!
- Location: Sullivan’s Island, South Carolina
- Ages of children: 9, 11, and 13 years old
- Start date/Contract dates: July 2023 or as soon as they find the perfect fit!
- Schedule: Full-time, guaranteeing 40 hours per week. The candidate can anticipate working 5 days/week and 8 hours/day, and will always have two consecutive days off each week. An example schedule is Tuesday through Friday from 12 pm to 8 pm and Saturday from 4 pm to 11 pm or similar. The family looks forward to creating a mutually beneficial schedule alongside the candidate. Flexibility to support occasional evenings, weekends, and occasional travel will be asked in advance and appreciated!
- Compensation: The family is offering $50/hour based on the 40-hour/week schedule, which equates to an annualized base compensation of $104k/year depending on experience and the agreed-upon schedule. The family may be open to candidates who are seeking a higher compensation package commensurate with experience.
- Benefits: The family is open to providing benefits including paid time off, paid holidays, a health insurance stipend, and relocation assistance dependent on candidate need and the full benefits package. Driving is required for this role and using a personal vehicle in this role will be key. The family is happy to reimburse mileage, offset insurance, and offer other vehicle-related support as needed.
- Live-in/Live-out: Live-out
- This bustling and loving family lives near the beach on Sullivan’s Island and they look forward to welcoming a nanny to join their crew! At 13, 11, and 9 years old, their three boys are described by their parents as being active, fun, and dynamic. While their oldest child is fairly self-sufficient and independent, the family wants to partner with someone who can provide holistic care to all three of their children, primarily focusing on the two younger boys. They are an active bunch who love spending time at the beach and playing soccer, football, and basketball. All three boys attend different schools so there is ample opportunity for support and organization as they navigate each day. This family also has two cats – no care will be required aside from the occasional ear scratch!
- Both parents are in and out of the house regularly and they love spending as much time as possible with their kids. They travel to Colorado for winter ski trips and spend time in Costa Rica annually and they look forward to working with a candidate who would be open to joining them!
- This position is ideal for someone who is incredibly organized and willing to support the boys’ schedules and routines with gusto! Someone who enjoys being outdoors as much as possible will thrive in this role. From kicking around a soccer ball to swimming at the beach, the kids will love someone who’s excited to engage in activities and play sports with them! This family would love to work with a candidate who has experience working with children with ADHD and/or dyslexia and who brings a communicative, patient, and professional demeanor to the role.
- Responsibilities include providing a warm, consistent, and fun environment for the children to grow and thrive! This includes but is not limited to driving the kids to and from activities, patiently supporting them with their homework, child-related meal prep (bonus points if a candidate is open to preparing meals for the whole family,) and being active with them outdoors. While the children are in school the family would appreciate help with grocery shopping, meal prep, tidying the house (they have a housekeeper) and other errands and/or organizational tasks as needed. Someone who is happy to pitch in, and has a “see a need, fill a need” mentality will be valued.
- While not a requirement for this role, the family would love to work with a candidate who has familiarity with ADHD or dyslexia, who has Orton Gillingham Training, and/or possesses a college degree.
- 3 years of professional childcare experience
- Valid driver’s license and passport
- Ability to swim and comfortability caring for children in and near water
- Cat friendly!
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!