A gentle and hardworking family in Cupertino seeks a proactive and engaging nanny and family assistant to join their team!
- Location: Cupertino, CA
- Ages of children: 2 years old
- Start date/Contract dates: As soon as they find the perfect fit!
- Schedule: Full-time, guaranteeing 40 hours per week, with the general schedule falling on four days per week: Sunday through Wednesday from 10 am to 8 pm, or similar. The family looks forward to creating a mutually beneficial schedule alongside the candidate. Additional overnights and travel hours will be requested in advance and appreciated.
- Compensation: The family is offering $50-60/hour based on the 40-hour/week schedule, which equates to an annualized base compensation of $104-125k/year range. The family may be open to a higher compensation package commensurate with experience.
- Benefits: The family is open to providing paid time off, paid holidays, a health insurance stipend, a vehicle for professional use, and relocation assistance.
- Live-in/Live-out: Live out. The family is open to transitioning to live-in after they have settled into their new home.
- This down-to-earth family of three is excited to welcome a new nanny into their home! Their 2-year-old son is described as a lively and happy boy obsessed with colors, letters, and anything with wheels, especially yellow buses. He speaks a mix of Mandarin and English and attends an English-speaking daycare full-time. This family generally aligns with gentle and respectful parenting and Montessori principles but does not hold strong opinions as they’re very open-minded about what parenting styles will work best for their son’s developing personality.
- They aim to maintain a warm, loving, creative, and fun home for their child.
- These dual-career parents are in and out of the home regularly throughout the day. They enjoy playing music, making art, and exploring nature in their free time. One of the parents is a long-time piano player, and the home is equipped with various instruments throughout. They understand that it takes tremendous teamwork to smoothly run a household and raise a child, and look forward to welcoming a new member to our team! They frequently travel between the Bay Area and a second home in Lake Tahoe and look forward to working with a candidate who is able to join them.
- This position is ideal for someone who is tech savvy, has a growth mentality, is open-minded about different parenting styles, and is willing to collaborate alongside parents. The family values working with candidates who enjoy engaging in active play and plan calm, structured activities. Additionally, someone who can step in and out with other tasks based on when the parents might like some one-on-one time with the kids will be a great fit.
- Responsibilities include creating an environment for the child to grow and thrive, child-related household tasks including but not limited to meal prep, tidying, organizing of children’s areas, occasional errands, before and after school routines, coordinating activities, and traveling with the family throughout the year. While the child is in school, the candidate can anticipate pitching in with family assisting duties like laundry, vendor management, grocery shopping, meal prep, and light tidying!
- 3 years of professional childcare experience
- Knowledge and experience with age-appropriate developmental milestones for toddlers
- Experience traveling with families and children
- Valid driver’s license
- Valid passport (or ability to obtain upon hire)
- Fully vaccinated and boosted (when eligible) against COVID-19 prior to start date in accordance with applicable laws
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!