A bustling family based on the Upper East Side in NYC is seeking an engaging, flexible nanny/family assistant to join them in caring for their two school-aged children 4 days/week! Relocation candidates welcome!
- Location: Upper East Side, New York, NY
- Ages of children: 9 and 7 years old
- Start date/Contract dates: As soon as they find the right fit!
- Schedule: Full-time, 4 days/week with the general schedule falling on Monday-Thursday with 24-hour, on-call care requested during working days, including 2+ overnights per week. Flexibility to travel and meet the daily scheduling needs while working will be appreciated! The family is happy to add on additional hours on Friday for someone seeking additional hours.
- Compensation: The family is offering an hourly rate equivalent to an annualized base compensation of $100-125k/year dependent on experience and based on the 24-hour on-call schedule, 4 days per week.
- Benefits: The family is open to providing benefits including paid time off, health insurance, a vehicle for professional use while in the Hamptons, and relocation assistance based on candidate need and the full benefits package.
- Live-in/Live-out: Live-in while on duty. A private bedroom and bathroom will be provided. Live-out during off-days.
- The family describes their 9-year-old daughter as bright and spirited! She enjoys playdates with her friends, tennis, and imaginative play. Their sweet, playful 7-year-old son enjoys spending downtime at home after school and receives occupational therapy and tutoring on weekdays. Both children attend school from 9am to 3pm during the week and enjoy playing and dancing together around the house. A candidate who is playful, patient, warm, and engaging will thrive in their company!
- The family has a history of longevity in their home with nannies and other staff, and they are eager to find another excellent caregiver to join their bustling team which includes a driver, a weekend nanny, housekeepers, a dog walker, and an assistant. This family of four (and their sweet, small hypoallergenic puppy!) describes their home as dynamic, warm, and fun. While the weekdays are often busy, the family enjoys spending weekends at their home in the Hamptons as they are able in the summertime, visiting their home in Los Angeles, and traveling to Mexico during the holiday season! A candidate who is excited to support the family on their travels and in the Hamptons will be key.
- This position is ideal for a candidate who brings a grounded, stimulating, and nurturing approach to their care! The family values working with candidates who can provide flexibility and availability and are excited to provide mutual flexibility to ensure that a candidate feels supported and comfortable in their role long-term. Someone with a true team-player attitude and a passion for working with school-aged children will thrive in this position.
- Responsibilities include supporting the family and children as needed by providing on-call support on working days, providing a safe and warm environment for the children to learn and grow, assisting with homework and before-and-after-school routines, child-related housekeeping, children’s calendar management, inventory, and light organization projects. During school hours, the candidate will be responsible for family assisting-type tasks and collaborating with team members to ensure the children and household are well cared for!
- While not a requirement for this position, the family would love to work with a candidate who brings a musical ability or other passions and/or life experience to their role.
- Valid driver’s license and passport
- Fully vaccinated and boosted (when eligible) against COVID-19 prior to starting date in accordance with applicable laws
- Travel experience and willingness to travel with the family as needed
- 3 years of professional childcare experience
- Knowledge and experience with age-appropriate developmental milestones
- Ability to swim and comfortability caring for children in and near water
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!