A down-to-earth, artistic NYC-based family is seeking a confident, organized, and proactive nanny to help in caring for their toddler and new baby!
- Location: Greenpoint, Brooklyn, NYC
- Ages of children: 2 years old and a new baby due in May 2023
- Start date/Contract dates: As soon as they find the right fit!
- Schedule: Full-time, guaranteeing 45-50 hours per week with the general schedule falling on Monday through Friday from 8 am to 6 pm or similar. Additional hours for occasional date nights and weekends will be asked for in advance and appreciated.
- Compensation: The family is offering $35-40/hour based on the 45-50-hour/week schedule, which equates to an annualized base compensation of $86-114k/year range dependent on experience and the agreed upon schedule. The family may be open to candidates who are seeking a higher compensation package commensurate with experience.
- Benefits: The family is open to providing benefits including paid time off, paid holidays, a health insurance stipend, and a Metro pass based on the candidate’s need and the full benefits package.
- Live-in/Live-out: Live out.
- This kind, artistic, and fun-loving NYC family of three is thrilled to welcome a new baby in early May! Their two-year-old daughter is described as being playful and happy and enjoys attending music classes, playing at the park, and exploring the city. They also have one sweet dog who is friendly and will be excited to meet you. The family prioritizes screen-free time, so a candidate who is creative, engaging, and emphasizes nurturing the child’s interests will be a great fit for this family. They will also have a Newborn Care Specialist for overnight support during the first few months after the new baby is born.
- These dual-career parents are very hands-on and they look forward to working with a nanny who will be excited to collaborate and communicate on a daily basis. Both parents are in and out of the house regularly. Dad is a touring musician so there might be occasional travel involved to destinations on the west coast and in Europe for up to 7 days at a time. The family anticipates that this will happen infrequently, but they hope to work with a nanny who will be excited to join them when the opportunity arises.
- This position is ideal for someone who loves babies and toddlers and enjoys getting down on their level and connecting, from reading books to planning engaging outings! A candidate who is flexible, positive, proactive, and honest, and who can provide consistent and gentle care alongside a light-hearted and silly demeanor will thrive. Having an eagerness to collaborate with the parents and be open to receiving feedback will be valued, as they appreciate open communication around childcare and discipline strategies for mutual support and consistency. The family values a tidy and organized environment, and will love working with a candidate who shares the same approach!
- For the first few months, this role will be toddler-focused, with occasional newborn care support as needed. When the newborn care specialist’s contract ends and both parents return to work, the nanny will begin to care for the infant as well, and when the toddler starts preschool in the fall, the candidate will have more infant-care time.
- Responsibilities include creating a warm, loving, and fun environment for the children to grow and thrive. Childcare duties include but are not limited to supporting developmental milestones, feeding, dressing, supporting routines, basic meal prep, tidying and organizing children’s areas, assisting with children’s laundry, and running the occasional errand. The family will be excited about a candidate who is open to light tidying of common areas, doing a few dishes, and pitching in around the house as time allows. A candidate who can see a need and proactively fill the need will thrive!
- 3 years of professional childcare experience
- Valid passport
- Fully vaccinated and boosted (when eligible) against COVID-19 prior to starting date in accordance with applicable laws, and willing to take provided COVID tests regularly
- Knowledge and experience with age-appropriate developmental milestones
- Dog Friendly!
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!