An informal, fast-paced family of five based in San Francisco is seeking a newborn and toddler-loving nanny to join them in caring for their children!
- Location: San Francisco, CA
- Ages of children: 6 and 2 years old, newborn
- Start date/Contract dates: January 2022 or as soon as they find the right fit!
- Schedule: Full-time, guaranteeing 50 hours per week with the general schedule falling 5 days per week (including at least one weekend day). The family is flexible to create a schedule that works well for all parties, though flexibility for weekends, occasional evenings, and frequent travel will be key! This role will be one of two on our childcare team.
- Compensation: The family is offering $35-40/hour based on the 50-hour/week schedule, which equates to an annualized base compensation of $96-115k/year range dependent on experience and the agreed-upon schedule. The family may be open to candidates who are seeking a higher compensation package commensurate with experience.
- Benefits: The family is open to providing benefits including paid time off, paid holidays, health insurance and/or a health insurance stipend, relocation and/or housing assistance based on candidate need and the full benefits package.
- Live-in/Live-out: Flexible to live-in or live-out in San Francisco. If live-in, the family is happy to provide private and separate nanny accommodations. Private housing and a vehicle will always be provided while the family is traveling, which they do frequently.
- This high-octane, friendly San Francisco crew is eager to grow their caregiving team! Their children, ranging in age from 0-6, are an active bunch! At 6 years old, the family describes their oldest son as their quiet and tender kid! He likes to stay busy, whether playing outside or doing an art project, and loves magic, gnomes, and creating stories! Their 2-year-old is happy-go-lucky, carefree, and expressive. Her parents describe her as a speed demon and note that she loves things that go fast- like bikes, boats, and scooters. Both of the older children attend school full-time during the week. The family just welcomed a newborn baby boy this summer!
- When they are not at home in San Francisco, the family loves to visit their secondary residence in Sonoma and spend over half of the year traveling, so travel readiness is paramount for this role! The family has a fully-staffed environment in their home and works best with team-oriented staff. A candidate who is excited to work collaboratively will thrive on this family’s team!
- This position is ideal for a candidate who loves the newborn through preschool years, and is excited to grow alongside the family! A candidate who brings a bright, warm, and joyful energy to the role will be a great addition to the family’s fluid, informal home.
- Responsibilities include creating an environment for the children to grow and thrive, driving children to/from activities, communicating with parents and other caregivers, and pitching in where needed with child-related housekeeping.
- 3 years of professional childcare experience
- Valid driver’s license and passport
- Knowledge and experience with age-appropriate developmental milestones
- Fully vaccinated and boosted (when eligible) against COVID-19 prior to starting date in accordance with applicable laws
- Experience traveling with families and children
- Bonus qualification: Early childhood education credits are a plus. Additionally, as the family’s children attend Montessori school, they would be very excited to meet a candidate who brings experience supporting 0-3-year-olds in-home or in-classroom with AMI (preferred) or AMS training, and/or YCC experience. This is a plus, not a must!
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!