A loving, warm family of three based in Hawaii is seeking a developmentally-minded nanny to join them in caring for their sweet 7-month-old!
- Location: Kamuela, HI
- Ages of children: 7 months old
- Start date: May 2023!
- Schedule: Full-time, guaranteeing 40 hours per week with the general schedule falling on Monday through Friday from 8am to 4pm. Flexibility for occasional evenings, weekends, and travel will be asked in advance and appreciated!
- Compensation: The family is offering $30-35/hour based on the 40-hour/week schedule, which equates to an annualized base compensation of $63-73k/year range dependent on experience and the agreed-upon schedule. The family may be open to candidates who are seeking a higher compensation package commensurate with experience.
- Benefits: The family is open to providing benefits including paid time off, paid holidays, health insurance and/or a health insurance stipend, and relocation assistance based on candidate need and the full benefits package. The family would be happy to pay for a relocation candidate’s personal vehicle to be shipped to the island, and they may be open to letting a candidate use the family vehicle for personal use.
- Live-in/Live-out: Flexible to live-in or live-out. If live-in, A private bedroom and ensuite bathroom with a separate entrance to the family’s home will be provided. For candidates who are local or would like to secure their own housing, the family is open to providing a housing stipend.
- This family has reveled in welcoming their smiley baby into the world! At 7 months old, she has two teeth and she’s happily eaten bananas, sweet potatoes, peas, applesauce, strawberries, and avocadoes. Her parents describe her as having amazing instincts, a wonderful character, and a happy disposition. They note that she takes the observer role in new circumstances, though once she’s familiar with something, she shifts into her lovely “hostess with the most-est” persona and happily showcases her ever-expanding vocabulary. During her second hike with a local forest circle group, she chatted up the group through the entire hike and took on the role of tour guide!
- Based on the beautiful Big Island, there is no shortage of fun to be had in the family’s backyard and they enjoy staying active on the trails and visiting beautiful nearby beaches! The family moved to Hawaii from San Francisco, and they travel back to their home there a few weeks per year. They would love for a nanny to join their travels! As dual-career parents, both mom and dad are in and out of the house throughout the day and one parent works from a separate home office. The family and their child have loved working with their newborn care specialist with whom their daughter excitedly shares her beaming full-face smiles, giggles, and coos. They have established great routines together, and she has been sleeping through the night for many months now. The parents are excited to find a full-time nanny who will help them educate, love, and nurture their child!
- This position is ideal for a candidate who brings self-awareness, warmth, and a strong working knowledge of child development. This family is excited to find a communicative partner in caring for their child who can share their expertise and has a true love of growing alongside first-time parents and their sweet infant daughter. Someone who is familiar and experienced with the late infant and early toddler years will be key! The family enjoys working with people who bring a strong sense of emotional intelligence and self-advocacy to their role, and they are excited to foster a collaborative, mutually beneficial working relationship with their nanny.
- Responsibilities include creating an environment for the child to grow and thrive, child-related household tasks including but not limited to meal prep, tidying, organizing of children’s areas, and errands, and traveling with the family throughout the year. This is a child-focused role!
- While not a requirement for the role, the family would love to work with a candidate who has a formal education background in child development!
- 3 years of professional childcare experience
- Valid driver’s license and passport
- Knowledge and experience with infants and toddlers and the associated age-appropriate developmental milestones
- Fully vaccinated and boosted (when eligible) against COVID-19 prior to start date in accordance with applicable laws
- Ability to swim and comfortability caring for children in and near water
- Cat friendly!
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!