A globally-minded family based in the greater Seattle, WA area is seeking an engaging, reliable nanny to join them in caring for their children!
- Location: Kirkland, WA
- Ages of children: 5 and 3 years old, 2 months old
- Start date/Contract dates: As soon as they find the right fit
- Schedule: Full-time, guaranteeing 45 hours per week with the general schedule falling on Monday-Friday 9am-5pm. Flexibility for date nights, weekends, and occasional travel may be asked for and appreciated with advanced notice.
- Compensation: The family is offering $30-35/hour based on the 40-hour/week schedule, which equates to an annualized base compensation of $63-73k/year range dependent on experience and the agreed-upon schedule.
- Benefits: The family is open to providing benefits including paid time off, paid holidays, health insurance stipend, a vehicle for professional use, and relocation assistance based on candidate need and the full benefits package.
- Live-in/Live-out: Live-out.
- This loving, expressive family is excited to discover the Pacific Northwest! Having just relocated from Washington DC to the Seattle area, they are excited to learn and grow together as each of their children begins a new chapter. The role will primarily focus on their youngest daughter who the family just welcomed this spring. Their 3- and 5-year-old children will be in school during the day, and the nanny can expect to support their after-school routines. All 3 children are excited and curious to learn and explore both indoors and outdoors with physical activities, books, stories, songs, cooking, crafts, and other developmentally appropriate activities.
- This international family speaks German and Spanish at home, while the kids speak English in school, and they are looking forward to working with a candidate who brings a warm and engaging demeanor to their role each day! They enjoy staying active and enjoying all that their new neighborhood has to offer, including multiple parks within walking distance, playgrounds, trails, Lake Washington, sports fields, the library, and an arts center. They travel for several weeks per year both domestically and internationally, and would love to find a nanny who wants to join them! Both parents work outside of the home, so a candidate who is an independent self-starter will thrive alongside this crew.
- This position is ideal for an adventurous caregiver who appreciates investing in the social, emotional, and intellectual development of the children while bringing positive energy to maximize every moment as a learning opportunity! A candidate who brings experience with the infant through early elementary ages will be appreciated. Someone with an all-hands-on-deck attitude who will support the household by tidying, taking on organizational projects, managing inventory, prepping healthy meals for the children, and more while the two older children are in school and the baby naps, will be a wonderful asset to the team!
- Responsibilities also include providing a loving, bright environment for the children to grow and thrive, having a keen eye for safety, and being a general team player.
- While not a requirement, the family would love to work with a candidate who speaks Spanish and/or German, and who discern and implement stimulating age-appropriate, developmentally-focused educational play in their nanny charges.
- Valid driver’s license
- Valid passport
- Experience caring for multiple children in a past role
- 3 years of professional childcare experience
- Comfortability in preparing basic meals
- Fully vaccinated and boosted (when eligible) against COVID-19 prior to starting date in accordance with applicable laws
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!