A hard-working, globetrotting family based in the D.C. area is seeking a positive, professional, and creative family assistant/nanny to support them both at home and on their 2023-24 academic year abroad!
- Location: McLean, VA
- Ages of children: 12 and 8 years old
- Start date/Contract dates: As soon as they find the perfect fit!
- Schedule: Full-time, guaranteeing 40 hours per week with the general schedule falling on Monday through Friday from 11 am to 7 pm. Flexibility to adjust schedules when traveling and around the academic year will be key!
- Compensation: The family is offering $35-40/hour based on the 40-hour/week schedule, which equates to an annualized base compensation of $73-83k/year range dependent on experience and the agreed-upon schedule. The family may be open to candidates who are seeking a higher compensation package commensurate with experience.
- Benefits: The family is open to providing benefits including paid time off, paid holidays, health insurance and/or a health insurance stipend, a vehicle for professional use, and relocation assistance based on the candidate’s need and the full benefits package. The family will provide a vehicle for professional use.
- Live-in/Live-out: Live-out accommodations provided. For non-local candidates, the family is happy to secure a nearby apartment for their perfect candidate. Private accommodations will always be provided while traveling.
- This on-the-go, return Adventure Nannies family, has two daughters who are 12 and 8 years old. Both girls are avid horse riders and go to the stable several times a week. When not riding, they both enjoy soccer, and in their downtime, are creative and enjoy spending time with each other doing imaginary play and arts and crafts. They also love cuddling with their large dog and three cats!
- As their daughters are getting older, this family is looking for someone who can be a fun, inspirational companion and role model to help them with afterschool activities, homework, and bedtime routines in addition to supporting them with creative activities and adventures while at home and while traveling. While the children are at school, they will look to their family assistant/nanny to help keep the household organized, support their ongoing projects, and to help keep their household running smoothly, alongside the family’s Chief of Staff and full-time housekeeper.
- Big plans are on the horizon for this family and they are excited to hire a family assistant/nanny who is eager to support them at home and as they plan for a once-in-a-lifetime experience traveling the globe from September 2023-June 2024! The first seven months of this role will be based in Virginia and will largely be a family assisting role with afterschool childcare support. Beginning in September, the family will embark on a yearlong immersive worldwide adventure, alongside a private educator, with destinations such as England, Scotland, Cyprus, Jordan, Thailand, and more. This family loves to explore new places, enjoy nature, hike through new terrain, and climb mountains, and they also enjoy quiet downtime with books and puzzles.
- This position is ideal for someone with family assisting experience, travel nanny experience, as well as good organization and communication. A candidate with an exuberant personality and a strong sense of adventure and confidence in exploring new places will thrive in this role. Someone who can maintain healthy boundaries with the girls, motivate them to complete tasks, and be a positive role model is key. Having a strong love of organization, and a willingness to roll up their sleeves and tackle the tasks at hand will be valued. Solid communication regarding project updates and the day-to-day is imperative.
- General family assisting responsibilities include the creation of annual/monthly/weekly operating procedures for maintenance and support of the home, vehicle management, household inventory management, pet food and vaccine management, and other household projects as needed. Nanny responsibilities include school pickup and drive to afterschool activities, support homework and good study habits, manage the administration of medicines and vitamins, prepare and serve children’s dinners, chore and bedtime management, birthday party and gift management, extracurricular activity management, and other childcare responsibilities as needed. Year abroad support responsibilities include utilizing the project plan to ensure success at each location and in transit, act as advanced team support at each location, help coordinate pet transport and pet care as needed, errands as needed such as groceries, house supplies, shipping, and dry cleaning, work with family and tutor to on curriculum to provide backup if needed. Overall, the family seeks an intuitive, proactive partner who wants to join their family as an extra set of hands wherever the road leads them!
- While not a requirement for the role, this family would love to work with a candidate who can support Spanish or French lessons. They would also love to work with a candidate who plays the cello or piano, though not a must-have, as their children love music!
- Valid driver’s license
- Valid passport
- Bachelor’s degree or higher strongly preferred
- 3 years of professional childcare experience
- Fully vaccinated and boosted (when eligible) against COVID-19 prior to starting date in accordance with applicable laws
- Experience traveling with families and children
- Ability to swim and comfortability caring for children in and near water
- Dog and Cat friendly! Willing to support light pet care.
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!