A fun-loving family of four based in Washington, DC is seeking an upbeat, self-directed family assistant/nanny to join their team!
- Location: Washington, DC
- Ages of children: 8 and 4 years old
- Start date: As soon as they find the perfect fit!
- Schedule: Full-time, guaranteeing 45+ hours per week. An example weekly schedule is Sunday from 8am-8pm and Monday through Thursday from 2pm-9pm. Off on Friday and Saturday. The family’s schedule is based on the academic semester and they look forward to designing a full-time, sustainable schedule for their chosen candidate in advance, noting that it will collaboratively shift every ~3 months, always prioritizing coverage 1 weekend day, and offering 2 consecutive days off/week. Flexibility for travel and occasional overnights with advanced notice is appreciated!
- Compensation: The family is offering $35-40/hour based on the 45-hour/week schedule, which equates to an annualized base compensation of $85-100k/year range dependent on experience and the agreed-upon schedule. The family may be open to candidates who are seeking a higher compensation package commensurate with experience.
- Benefits: The family is open to providing benefits including paid time off, paid holidays, health and dental insurance, a vehicle for professional use (comfortability with city driving is key!), and relocation assistance based on candidate need and the full benefits package.
- Live-in/Live-out: Live-out. For the perfect applicant, the family may be happy to help with short-term housing while the candidate identifies their local residence. Private and separate bed and bath will always be provided while traveling, which the family does frequently!
- A kind, fun family of four is excited to find a family assistant/nanny to join their bustling crew! At ages 4 and 8, their children are funny, good-hearted, and playful. The youngest is described as someone who likes to follow directions and be a good role model to others, has the sweetest heart, and is a friend to all. Their oldest is described as an insatiable learner who is well-liked by peers. Both boys are active and partake in a wide variety of activities, from soccer, to cello, to swimming, and attend their local preschool and elementary school during the week.
- The family’s home environment is a welcoming and fun place for their friends and kids’ friends; they often host playdates, especially in the summer at their pool. Both parents work from home and go into the office, and sometimes travel for work, and enjoy the extra opportunities that doing so affords them to spend time with their kids. The family maintains close relationships and cherishes the people who work in their home, including another nanny who has been with them for over seven years and will be a wonderful teammate to their new employee.
- The whole family loves to play soccer, tennis, and baseball, so they often head out to the courts or fields to play sports together and are members of a local open, inclusive, and welcoming church. As much as possible, the family enjoys traveling to ski resorts, taking beach vacations, and going to Europe. A candidate who is eager to support the family at home and on their travels will thrive alongside this loving crew for years to come!
- This position is ideal for someone who is enthusiastic, energetic, upbeat, has a nurturing yet firm approach to care, and has a can-do attitude! Someone who brings an eagerness to support both caregiving and family assisting will be a great fit. A candidate who is eager to be a collaborative partner to parents, a role model to two active, growing children, and can help care for their household will thrive!
- Nanny responsibilities include managing school pickup/dropoff, coordinating after-school activities, home tidying like children’s laundry, picking up children’s toys and activities and helping the children clean up after themselves, packing and preparing clothing and bags for upcoming activities, maintaining good homework routines, and traveling with the family as needed.
- Family assisting duties include healthy, simple meal preparation (the family utilizes a meal delivery service for many meals), calendar management, grocery shopping, managing deliveries/vendors, scheduling appointments, and running errands. The family is excited to work with someone who can become an engaging, collaborative member of their team.
- 3 years of professional childcare experience
- Valid driver’s license and passport
- Knowledge and experience with age-appropriate developmental milestones
- Ability to swim and comfortability caring for children in and near water
- Willing to provide simple, healthy meal preparation for the family, often utilizing a meal service
- Proven administrative or family assisting experience, and a desire to lend a hand to help the household as a whole thrive
- Fully vaccinated and boosted (when eligible) against COVID-19 prior to the start date in accordance with applicable laws
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!