A fun-loving family based in Charleston, SC is seeking an educationally-minded and organized nanny/family assistant to join them in caring for their children and household!
- Location: Charleston, SC
- Ages of children: 6, 4, and almost 2 years old!
- Start date/Contract dates: As soon as they find a great fit!
- Schedule: Full-time, guaranteeing 40-45 hours per week with the general schedule falling on Monday through Thursday from 11am to 7pm, and Friday 9 am to 5pm, with the flexibility to start early or stay late a few days a week with advanced notice. Additional flexibility for travel and overnights will be asked well in advance and appreciated!
- Compensation: The family is offering $35-40/hour based on the 40-45+ hour/week schedule at home and 40-50+ hour/week schedule while traveling, which equates to an annualized base compensation of $73-100K/year range dependent on experience. The family may be open to candidates who are seeking a higher compensation package commensurate with experience.
- Benefits: The family is open to providing benefits including paid time off, paid holidays, health insurance and/or a health insurance stipend, a vehicle for professional use, travel bonuses, and relocation assistance based on candidate need and the full benefits package.
- Live-in/Live-out: Live-out. For the perfect relocation candidate, the family may be able to provide a carriage house on the property as a landing pad.
- This social, lively family of five, plus their two dogs and cat, are super excited to welcome a proactive, collaborative nanny into their family! They describe themselves as an easy-to-love bunch who enjoy trying new things and having fun. Their children are well-mannered, smart kids who are flourishing with the help of a weekly routine, which includes lots of fun activities like swimming, surfing, tennis, and art. Their 1st grader and Pre-K aged children attend school during the week, and their almost 2-year-old will be attending school 5 days per week in the fall!
- While the family is based in Charleston, they are always up for an adventure and love to travel frequently throughout the year to beach and snow destinations, in addition to other fun locations. One of the parents works outside of the home, while the other is regularly in and out. A true collaborator who is outgoing, organized, travel-ready, and enjoys working in an active, busy household will thrive in this role for years to come.
- This position is ideal for someone who is confident, self-starting, independent yet a team player, and wants to be involved in all aspects of the kids’ lives! The family is excited to welcome a caregiver/family assistant into their family and looks forward to cultivating a long-term relationship. A background or interest in childhood development, teaching, or ECE and the ability to facilitate educational play will be key!
- Responsibilities include managing the children’s schedules, inventory management, helping with grocery shopping, errands as needed, traveling with the family, and helping pack for travel, children’s meal prep, and child-related housekeeping.
- Above all, the family is excited to work with a nanny who can grow with their family and help their children reach their full potential. While not a requirement, the family would love to work with a candidate who speaks Spanish or Chinese!
- Valid driver’s license
- Valid passport
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, ideally in an education-related field
- 3 years of professional childcare experience
- Fully vaccinated and boosted (when eligible) against COVID-19 prior to starting date in accordance with applicable laws
- Comfortability in preparing basic meals for children
- Travel experience
- Pet friendly!
- Family assisting experience and a desire to grow in this aspect of the role in the years ahead
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!