A warm and progressive return-Adventure Nannies’ family is seeking an engaged and proactive nanny/family assistant to join their family!
- Location: Orlando, Florida
- Ages of children: 5 years old
- Start date/Contract dates: June 1st, 2024
- Schedule: Full-time, guaranteeing 40 hours per week with the general schedule falling on Monday through Friday from 12-8 pm, or similar. The family will create schedules one month in advance. Flexibility to support early mornings, date nights, overnights, and travel will be asked for in advance and appreciated.
- Compensation: The family is offering $40-45/hour based on the 40-hour/week schedule, which equates to an annualized base compensation of $83-94k/year, dependent on experience and the agreed-upon schedule. The family may be open to candidates seeking a higher compensation package commensurate with experience.
- Benefits: The family is open to providing benefits, including three weeks of paid time off, paid holidays, a $525/month health insurance stipend, unlimited sick days, a vehicle for professional and personal use (if needed), and relocation assistance.
- Live-in/Live-out: Live-out
- This active and loving return Adventure Nannies family based in Winter Park, Florida, a suburb of Orlando, is excited to welcome a new nanny into their family. Their 5-year-old son is described by his parents as a smart, fun, and adventurous child who finds joy in nearly every activity and delights in his world. He loves cars, reading, Lego, Harry Potter, movies, rollercoasters, music, science, theater, coding, karting, and sports. He is clever and silly, full of energy and snuggles, ever enriching to those around him. As a family, they fundamentally recognize the value a nanny brings to their home and their vital role in the success of their son’s development and their lives as parents. They will happily support and sponsor professional development. Their son attends kindergarten full-time and enjoys various extracurricular activities, so someone who can jump in with family assisting during these times will be key.
- These dual-career parents are in and out of the house regularly, with one parent working from home. Open and direct communication is vital for this family. In their free time, they enjoy exploring new cuisines, visiting the art museum or science center, attending a production at the family theater, playing with Hot Wheels, swimming, or spending the day at Universal or Disney. They also enjoy traveling to the beach in the summer, to Montana or Colorado for ski trips in the winter, and sometimes vacationing in Europe or South America. They recently took their son to Vienna, where they explored the food, history, art, and architecture! They look forward to working with a candidate who is excited to join them on future trips.
- This position is ideal for a curious and open-minded candidate who can get excited about science, cars, and theme parks, as these are the kids’ favorite things! A candidate seeking their next long-term role who values academics, and will take initiative to plan activities and anticipate future needs will be valued. The family is excited to work with a candidate who will jump in with some family assisting duties and contribute to the overall tidiness of their home. In this role, candidates will have the freedom to design their time as it makes sense day to day.
- Responsibilities include creating a safe and encouraging environment for the child to grow and thrive. Child-related household tasks include but are not limited to meal prep, tidying, organizing of children’s areas, before and after school routines, coordinating activities, and traveling with the family throughout the year. Family assisting duties are running errands, light meal planning and preparation, grocery shopping, coordinating vendors, and managing the family calendar.
- While not a requirement for the role, the family would love to work with a candidate who speaks Spanish, as the child is learning Spanish in school.
- 3 years of professional childcare experience
- Valid driver’s license and comfortable driving in Orlando and surrounding areas
- Valid passport or the ability to obtain one upon hire
- Knowledge and experience with elementary school-age children
- Comfortable pitching in with family assisting tasks
- Ability to swim and comfortability caring for children in and near water
- Up to date on all vaccinations for the duration of employment (e.g. COVID, Tdap, MMR, TB, Flu)
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!