A joyful, on-the-go family in New York City is seeking a positive, developmentally-minded, and self-starting nanny for their 4 and 2-year-old children!
- Location: New York, NY
- Ages of children: 4 and 2 years old
- Start date/Contract dates: As soon as they find the right fit!
- Schedule: Full-time, guaranteeing 50 hours/week with working hours falling between 8:30-6:30 (or similar) Monday-Friday. Flexibility for schedule adjustments, evenings, weekends, and travel to be asked and appreciated with advanced notice.
- Compensation: The family is offering $35+/hour based on the 40-50+ hour/week schedule, which equates to an annualized base compensation of $75-100k/year range dependent on experience and the agreed-upon schedule. The family may be open to candidates who are seeking a higher compensation package commensurate with experience.
- Benefits: The family is open to providing benefits including paid time off, paid holidays, health insurance and/or a health insurance stipend, providing a vehicle for professional use and/or a MetroCard based on candidate need and the full benefits package.
- Live-in/Live-out: Live-out
- This dynamic, close-knit family and their two golden retrievers consider life to be one big adventure; and have enjoyed spending time in California and Europe in the months past and have now settled back into life in NYC. Their two young children are both very outgoing and perceptive, and love to engage with others! Their 4-year-old attends school Monday-Friday so a nanny who is comfortable caring for both children during before and afterschool routines will be key!
- The family has connected with the play-based, child-led learning philosophies akin to Waldorf and RIE, and value positive discipline approaches and minimal screen time as well. They are seeking a knowledgeable nanny who they can lean on for expertise, knowledge, and creativity when it comes to fostering a space of development and fun-filled enriching activities for their children to grow and thrive.
- This position is ideal for a candidate who is passionate about the early learning stages of toddlers and preschoolers and is skilled at incorporating creative, educational spaces for teaching and fun activities! The family hopes to work with a candidate who has a warm and positive spirit and can bring their experience and can-do attitude to the day-to-day.
- A background in early childhood education will be a big plus as well as someone who loves to get out and explore NYC with their charges! A candidate with a pitch-in spirit who can provide healthy meals for the children, conduct child-related household tasks such as tidying and laundry, and provide light pet care as needed will be valued in this home for years to come.
- While not requirements for the role, the family would be thrilled to work with a nanny with knowledge of Spanish and/or a strong background or working knowledge of the RIE, Waldorf and Montessori methods.
- 3 years of professional childcare experience
- Fully vaccinated and boosted (when eligible) against COVID-19 prior to starting date in accordance with applicable laws
- Proven experience with toddler and early-elementary stages and familiarity with developmental milestones
- Valid driver’s license and/or comfortable utilizing public transportation while caring for children
- Valid passport
- Familiarity with Waldorf, RIE, and/or Montessori philosophies will be appreciated
- Dog friendly and willing to provide light pet care!
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!