Kind and communicative first-time parents in the DC area are seeking an experienced and structured long-term nanny to help care for their newborn baby!
- Location: Chevy Chase, MD
- Ages of children: Baby born in April 2023
- Start date/Contract dates: As soon as they find the perfect fit!
- Schedule: Full-time, guaranteeing 45-50 hours per week with the general schedule falling on Monday through Friday from 8 am to 5:30 pm or similar. Flexibility for additional hours will be asked in advance and appreciated!
- Compensation: The family is offering $35-40/hour based on the 45-50 hour/week schedule, which equates to an annualized base compensation of $86-114k/year range. May be open to a higher compensation package commensurate with experience.
- Benefits: The family is open to providing paid time off, paid holidays, a health insurance stipend, and relocation assistance. Driving is not required for this role.
- Live-in/Live-out: Live-out. The family is open to providing a temporary landing pad and a housing stipend for the perfect relocation candidate.
- These first-time parents welcomed their baby boy in early April and are thrilled to begin life as a family of three! Their son was born a few weeks early and has spent some time in the NICU. They plan to prioritize candidates who have a minimum of 5 years of experience working with newborns, and they welcome a candidate who also has experience caring for premature babies. Mom and Dad are eager to meet someone who values collaboration and communication as much as they do. They also have two labradors at home who are excited about their new little brother!
- These dual-career parents are on parental leave until early summer and then will return to the office most days of the week with opportunities for working from home occasionally. They look forward to traveling when their son is older and are open to traveling with a nanny who is interested, but this is not a requirement for the role.
- This position is ideal for someone who has a passion for working with newborns and toddlers, and who is looking for their next long-term role! Someone who is loving, nurturing, responsible, organized, and detail-oriented will be key. A candidate who is passionate about helping establish routines, meeting developmental milestones, and truly connecting and engaging with baby will thrive in this role. The parents would love to work with a candidate who is communicative and collaborative. Someone who will come to the parents with ideas, questions, and information to support a tag-team-style and consistent environment will be an ideal partner. The family is eager to work with a candidate with a strong record of supporting families at the infant and toddler stages.
- Responsibilities include creating a nurturing and safe environment for the baby to grow and thrive, as well as other child-related tasks including prepping and sanitizing bottles, child-related meal prep, baby’s laundry, and tidying the nursery and generally bringing a supportive, all-hands-on-deck attitude to support these parents.
- While not a requirement for this position, the family would love to work with candidates who have 5+ years of experience working newborns and infants, proven longevity in past positions, and bring an educationally-focused brand of care to each day. Bonus points for a candidate who possesses a degree in early childhood education or similar.
- 3 years of professional childcare experience
- Knowledge and experience with infant and toddler developmental milestones
- Dog friendly! Willing to support light pet care.
- Fully vaccinated and boosted (when eligible) against COVID-19 prior to starting date in accordance with applicable laws
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!