A kind, down-to-earth family of four based in Asheville, NC is seeking a dynamic nanny/family assistant to join them in caring for their children!
- Location: Asheville, NC
- Ages of children: 2.5-year-old and 5.5-year-old twins
- Start date/Contract dates: As soon as they find the right fit! The family would love to have a candidate in place by the end of November.
- Schedule: A rotating weekly schedule of 33/42 hours/week, with a 4.5 day weekend every other week:
- Week A: 42 hours, with hours to fall between 7:30am-6:45pm. Set days and hours to be agreed upon in advance.
- Week B: 33 hours with the opportunity for more, with hours to fall between 7:30am-6:45pm. Set days and hours to be agreed upon. The candidate can expect 4.5 days off on B weeks.
- The children rotate between both parents’ homes. Occasional flexibility for schedule changes will be asked in advance and appreciated!
- Compensation:The family is offering $35-40/hour based on the 33-42 hours per week schedules above, which equates to an annualized base compensation of $69-79k/year. The family may be open to candidates who are seeking a higher compensation package commensurate with experience.
- Benefits: The family is open to providing benefits including paid time off, paid holidays, a health insurance stipend, a vehicle for professional use, and relocation assistance based on candidate need and the full benefits package.
- Live-in/Live-out: Live-out. The family is open to providing a landing pad.
- These three playful kids are excited to find a nanny to join their family! Ranging in age from 2.5 to 5.5, the children enjoy playing outdoors, reading books, arts and crafts, and spending time together. The family describes their home as being very open-minded and health-conscious, and they are lifelong learners! A candidate who is like-minded and excited to foster a down-to-earth environment at home will be a wonderful addition to the team.
- Dad works in a separate building on the premises and understands that not interrupting the flow of the day is key with young kids. The family is currently developing their 50+ acres of land, so there is often a large staff working on the property. The family also works with a personal assistant who can be called upon as backup when needed. Someone who is independent yet confident in collaborating with others will be important. The family is excited to find someone who can grow and thrive alongside their children and household for years to come!
- This position is ideal for a candidate who enjoys a balance of working with children and supporting a dynamic household. Someone who brings attention to detail, proactivity in managing the needs of the household, a calm presence, and warm energy to their role will be valued. Open and kind communication (with both dad and kids) is also valued and encouraged.
- On days when the children are at their dad’s house, childcare will be the primary responsibility of the candidate. Someone who is confident in managing before and after-school routines and driving the children to and from school will be key. The role also includes child-related housekeeping, meal preparation, laundry, and light personal and family assistant tasks. A candidate who can confidently manage the children’s belongings and clothing, and keep up with ordering food and household supplies is essential. Someone who enjoys variety in their work environment will thrive in this role.
- The family is looking for candidates with multiple years of nanny experience. Finding the right fit is of paramount importance to this family and team!
- 3 years of professional childcare experience with a comparable family
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
- Knowledge and experience with age-appropriate developmental milestones
- Comfortability in preparing basic meals for children
- Experience and comfortability with family assisting tasks
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!