A joyful, creative family of two in Brooklin, Maine is seeking a communicative, experienced nanny to join this loving mom in caring for her 1.5-year-old daughter!
- Location: Brooklin, ME
- Ages of children: 1.5-years-old
- Start date/Contract dates: As soon as they find the right fit!
- Schedule: Full-time, guaranteeing 50 hours per week with the general schedule falling on Monday through Friday from 8am to 6pm with ample downtime midday while child attends a playgroup.
- Compensation: The family is offering $30-35+/hour based on the 50+ hour/week schedule, which equates to annualized base compensation of $85-100+k/year dependent on experience.
- Benefits: The family is open to providing benefits including paid time off, paid holidays, health insurance and/or a health insurance stipend, a vehicle for professional use, and relocation assistance based on candidate need and the full benefits package.
- Live-in/Live-out: Housing provided. The candidate will be offered a private bedroom and bathroom in the family’s home during the summer months, and private off-site accommodations will be provided in the off-season. The family is open to providing a housing stipend for year-round, off-site accommodations if preferred, though this type of housing can be challenging to come by in the area.
- This cheerful, good-tempered toddler is ready to explore the world! At 1.5 years old, her interests include birds (especially roosters), shoes, books, cats, and cheese. She enjoys spending time in new settings and meeting new people. She attends a drop-off playgroup 3 times a week for 4-6 hours. During this time, child-related household duties will be appreciated, such as laundry, food preparation, organizing and tidying, and planning activities and outings.
- This silly, casual, go-with-the-flow mother-daughter crew finds that there is much joy and magic to be found in their everyday lives, from visiting their neighborhood chickens to making coffee together in the morning. This single mom by choice is excited to introduce gardening, cooking, and sailing into her daughter’s life. They look forward to participating in their neighborhood and community, and exploring biology, living things, and learning big life lessons together. A candidate who is excited to explore the world around them and introduce big topics in a matter-of-fact way with this curious toddler will fit right in with this family.
- Based in beautiful Brooklin, Maine, there is an abundance of natural beauty and charm in their unique small town. The family enjoys seasonal living, from enjoying lobster rolls, sailing, and pond swims in the glorious summer months, to long dinners and cozy evenings by the woodstove in the wintertime.
- This position is ideal for someone who is open-minded, warm, communicative, and happy to support a first-time mom as she continues to venture into motherhood! A candidate who balances lending their expertise and experience with a flexible, adaptable approach to care will be key for this role. The family is excited to welcome a nanny with a good sense of humor who is eager to be hands-on and play-based! Someone who isn’t afraid to get their hands dirty digging for worms or play in the rain will fit right in with this family.
- Responsibilities include cultivating a loving and supportive environment for the child to grow and thrive, child-related meal prep, as well as light child-related housekeeping. They regularly travel to upstate New York and NYC to visit family, as well as other locations, and are appreciative of a candidate who likes to be on the go!
- The family loves to sail and would welcome a candidate who is interested in the sport – experience is not required!
- Valid driver’s license
- Valid passport, or willingness to obtain one upon hire
- Fully vaccinated and boosted (when eligible) against COVID-19 prior to start date in accordance with applicable laws
- Comfortability preparing basic meals
- Ability to travel, sometimes a few weeks at a time
- 3 years of professional childcare experience, some of which with toddlers
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!