A down-to-earth, bustling family based in Los Altos, CA is seeking a collaborative, intuitive, and experienced rotational nanny to care for their 6, 4, and 2-year-old children!
- Location: Los Altos, CA
- Ages of children: 6, 4, and 2 years old
- Start date/Contract dates: As soon as they find the right fit!
- Schedule: This is a rotational position of 7 days on, 7 days off. The rotation will begin and end on Tuesdays at 12:30pm.
- Compensation: The family is offering an hourly rate equivalent to $120k/year.
- Benefits: The family is open to providing benefits including sick days, health insurance, and relocation assistance based on candidate need and the full benefits package.
- Live-in/Live-out: Live-in during on days and live-out during off days. Accommodations during on days include a private, separate bed and bath in the family’s home. The family is seeking candidates who live within/ are willing to relocate to a commutable distance of Los Altos during their off weeks.
- These three children are very curious and love to be active–they love climbing trees, building forts, and playing games in the yard! The two eldest children attend school in person, and the 2-year-old spends their day with the nanny.
- The family recently returned to the Bay Area last year after spending a few years living abroad. The family is especially connected to the RIE approach for their children. They are seeking a second rotational nanny to round out their caregiving team and be a collaborative, valued addition to their home!
- This position is ideal for a candidate who can bring a down-to-earth, capable, humble, and intuitive presence to the role when working with this loving, collaborative family and team!
- A nanny who values child-led exploration and growth and has both knowledge of and aligns with the RIE philosophy will fit in seamlessly in this home environment. The family team, which includes an Adventure Nanny, hopes to work with a nanny who has experience with and appreciation for discretion; previous experience working with other nannies and household staff is a plus.
- An intuition to see a need, fill a need will be appreciated when it comes to prepping healthy meals for the children, general tidying, helping the children pack for traveling, and children’s laundry.
- This position is perfect for a nanny who has a can-do spirit, a team-oriented mentality, a love for travel, and a passion for working with young, growing children!
- At least 5 years of professional, full-time childcare experience
- Valid driver’s license and passport
- Knowledge and experience with age-appropriate developmental milestones
- Familiarity and alignment with the RIE philosophy
- Flexible and able to travel with the family
- Confident swimmer and comfortable caring for children in/around water
- Fully vaccinated and boosted (when eligible) against COVID-19 prior to start date in accordance with applicable laws
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
Due to the nature of our industry, the current Omicron-related surge, and the number of children who are not yet eligible for a COVID-19 vaccination, in an effort to ensure everyone’s health and safety, this family is currently only considering candidates who are fully vaccinated and boosted (when eligible) against COVID-19.