A kind, down-to-earth family of four based in Asheville, NC is seeking a dynamic nanny/family assistant to join them in caring for their children!
- Location: Asheville, NC
- Ages of children: 1.5-year-old and 4.5-year-old twins
- Start date/Contract dates: As soon as they find the right fit!
- Schedule: A rotating weekly schedule guaranteeing 35 hours/week of:
- Week A: 35-40 hours, with hours to fall between 7:30am-8pm. Set days and hours to be agreed upon in advance.
- Week B: 30-35 hours with the opportunity for more, with hours to fall between 7:30am-8pm. Set days and hours to be agreed upon. The candidate can expect 3 or 4 days off on B weeks.
- The schedule may adjust to accommodate the family’s summer, academic and travel schedules, and flexibility to shift weekly schedules as the children transition between parent’s homes every other weekend will be asked and appreciated with advanced notice.
- Compensation: The family is offering $30-35/hour based on the A/B schedules above, which equates to an annualized base compensation of $60-65k/year, dependent on experience and the agreed-upon schedule. The family may be open to candidates who are seeking a higher compensation package commensurate with experience.
- Benefits: The family is open to providing benefits including paid time off, paid holidays, a health insurance stipend, a vehicle for professional use, and relocation assistance based on candidate’s need and the full benefits package.
- Live-in/Live-out: Live-out. The family may be able to offer private accommodations in a separate home on the property as a landing pad for the perfect relocation candidate.
- These three energetic kids are excited to find a nanny to join their family! Ranging in age from 1.5 to 4.5, the children enjoy playing outdoors, reading books, and spending time together. The family describes their home as being very open-minded and health-conscious, and they are lifelong learners! A candidate who is like-minded and excited to foster a down-to-earth environment at home will be a wonderful addition to the team.
- Dad works in a separate building on the property and understands that not interrupting the flow of the day is key with young kids. The family also works with a personal assistant and a part-time nanny who are an integral part of their support system, so someone who is independent yet confident in collaborating with others will be important. The family is excited to find someone who can grow and thrive alongside their children and household for years to come!
- This position is ideal for a candidate who enjoys a balance of working with children and supporting a busy household! Someone who brings attention to detail, a calm presence, and warm energy to their role will be valued. Open and kind communication (with both dad and kids) is also valued and encouraged.
- On days when the children are at their dad’s house, childcare will be the primary responsibility of the candidate. When the children are with their mom, the role will shift to focus on assistance with child-related housekeeping, meal preparation, laundry, and light personal and family assistant tasks. A candidate who enjoys a dynamic work environment will thrive in this role!
- The family is open to meeting candidates with multiple years of nanny experience, family assisting experience, or a combination of childcare and other administrative or work experience that lends a collaborative, proactive, and can-do spirit to the role. Finding the right fit is of paramount importance to this family and team!
- 3 years of professional childcare experience, a candidate with comparable family assisting or other administrative work experience, may also be considered for this work
- Valid driver’s license
- Knowledge and experience with age-appropriate developmental milestones
- Comfortability in preparing basic meals for children
- Experience and comfortability with family assisting tasks
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!