A warm and casual Bay Area family is seeking an experienced, proactive, and travel-ready family assistant/nanny to help care for their daughter!
- Location: Hillsborough, CA
- Ages of children: 14 years old
- Start date/Contract dates: As soon as they find the perfect fit!
- Schedule: Full-time, guaranteeing 40-45+ hours per week with the general schedule falling on Monday through Friday from 11 am to 7 pm. The family is happy to provide additional hours each week should the candidate want to work more! The candidate can also expect additional hours when traveling with the family ~9-12 weeks/year, providing ~2 nights of overnight care per month.
- Compensation: The family is offering $40-45/hour based on the 40-45+ hours per week, in addition to overnight rates when the parents are away, which equates to an annualized base compensation range of $110-115+k/year range. The family is happy to offer additional hours for candidates who are seeking additional earning opportunities!
- Benefits: The family is open to providing 15 days of paid time off, 6 paid holidays, a health insurance stipend, a vehicle for professional use, and relocation assistance based on the candidate’s need.
- Live-in/Live-out: Live-out
- Other Notes: This position will require the ability to travel frequently with the family, including joining the family in Hawaii over Spring Break, the 4th of July, and the Christmas, and New Year holidays. While traveling, the candidate is able to accrue additional hours and the family loves to make time and space for the candidate to enjoy the amenities, participate in activities, and have fun!
- This bustling family is excited to welcome a family assistant/nanny to their home! Their 14-year-old daughter is described by her family as being happy, social, and affectionate and she loves to go to the market every day and cook! She attends school from 9 am to 2 pm during the week, and the family is looking for someone to support her while at home. They are seeking an experienced caregiver who can provide compassionate care and assistance in supporting a non-verbal teen who is autistic and has a rare genetic disease. They also have a wonderful 12-year-old son who loves video games, sports, and all things pre-teen! The candidate can expect to care primarily for their 14-year-old daughter and also engage with and occasionally drive their son to or from an activity. Someone with a strong sense of initiative and eagerness will be a great addition to their crew!
- These dual-career parents are in and out of the home regularly and in their free time, they enjoy frequent travel, making memories with their children, swimming, golfing, and hanging with their 3 cats and 3 dogs! A candidate who is excited to join this warm family and build a bond with their daughter will be a great match.
- This position is ideal for an experienced professional nanny and family assistant who thrives in a busy and collaborative work environment. The family is happy to train on best care practices for their daughter, and while they would love to work with a candidate who has held a previous role(s) supporting children with special needs, and/or has a sibling or family member with a disability, this is not a requirement for the role. A candidate who can bring a proactive, engaging, and self-starting presence to the position while tag-teaming with Mom will be appreciated. Someone who is able to see a need and fill a need will thrive in this role. This is a highly collaborative role with mom and they look forward to working with a candidate who has a true team mentality!
- Responsibilities include both childcare and family assisting tasks to provide holistic support for the household. This includes, but is not limited to providing a safe, nurturing, and stimulating environment for a teen to grow and thrive, researching and planning activities, providing safe and reliable transportation to and from school and/or activities, meal planning, grocery shopping, meal prep, administering meds, child-related laundry, running errands for the family, and helping where help is needed. A true pitch-in attitude is a must-have! This family travels 9-12 weeks per year to destinations like Pebble Beach, Tahoe, Los Angeles, Hawaii, East Coast, Canada, and the Caribbean/Bahamas and they look forward to their nanny joining them!
- 3 years of professional childcare experience
- Valid driver’s license and passport
- Knowledge and experience with middle/high school-age children
- Ability to travel with the family, sometimes for extended periods of time
- Ability to swim and comfortability caring for children in and near water
- Dog and Cat friendly!
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!