An on-the-go, heart-filled family of four based in San Rafael, CA is seeking a compassionate and collaborative one-to-one private educator/behavioral aide to work with their 17-year-old son!
- Location: San Rafael, CA
- Ages of children: 17 years old
- Start date/Contract dates: As soon as they find the right fit!
- Schedule: Full-time, guaranteeing 40 hours per week with the general schedule falling on Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 2:30pm, and two Saturdays per month from 9am to 3pm.
- Compensation: The family is offering $45-50/hour based on the 35+ hour/week schedule, which equates to annualized base compensation of $85-90k/year dependent on experience.
- Benefits: The family is open to providing benefits including two weeks paid time off, paid holidays, travel incentives, health care reimbursement with benefits 100% covered after 1 year of employment, generous relocation assistance (if required), and a vehicle for professional use based on candidate need and the full benefits package.
- Live-in/Live-out: Live-out. The family may be open to providing a housing stipend for the perfect relocation candidate.
- Based in Marin County, this family is both laidback and bustling as a dual-career household with two teenagers! The parents describe their 17-year-old son as being very kind and active. He attends a local specialized school during the week, and the educator will be joining him during the school day to provide support as an educational aide. When he’s not in school, he enjoys being around people, playing games, tennis, watching movies, and especially loves reading princess stories. The family loves to travel when they have the opportunity, and have a big summer adventure to Geneva, Switzerland planned this July! They look forward to their educator joining them on their many travels, especially in Switzerland this July, where a candidate will have an opportunity to receive on-the-job training and be a beam of support for their son in new environments.
- This family is currently supported by another Adventure Nannies educator and are excited to find a candidate who can join the team in fostering independence for their son and ensuring continuity in both school and home environments. Both parents will be working in and out of the home, and enjoy adding another educator who is self-starting, patient, energetic, compassionate, and team-minded.
- This position is ideal for a candidate who has experience working with children on the ASD spectrum in both a home and educational environment. A candidate with a background in behavioral training and who understands sensory processing will be key!
- A true team player who is confident interacting in an interdisciplinary environment and liaising with teachers, therapists, other staff, and parents will be appreciated. Other responsibilities include developing home program goals and keeping records, working with the family assistant on a nutritional plan, and attending weekly meetings with parents and therapists. The candidate must be able to follow protocols for interventions and possess the ability to work independently. An experienced educator/aide who brings a calm competence to their role, and is excited to step in and out to foster independence will be an asset to the family’s team for years to come!
- While not a requirement for the role, the family would love to work with a candidate with teaching credentials or a behavioral certification (RBT, BCAT, or ABAT). The candidate will have additional opportunities for training while on the job!
- At least 3 years of professional experience teaching in a classroom or homeschool setting and/or childcare experience
- At least 2+ years of experience working with children or teens in the ASD community
- Bachelor’s degree
- Valid driver’s license and passport
- Flexible to travel with the family as needed
- Dog friendly! The family has a hypoallergenic dog
- Fully vaccinated and boosted (when eligible) against COVID-19 prior to start date in accordance with applicable laws
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!