A kind, laid-back Aspen-based family is seeking a warm, educationally-focused nanny to join them in caring for their 5-year-old son!
- Location: Aspen, CO
- Ages of children: 5 years old. The family has another nanny who supports their 7-year-old daughter.
- Start date/Contract dates: As soon as they find the perfect fit!
- Schedule: Full-time, guaranteeing 50 hours per week Monday through Friday, the candidate can expect to work 50-60 hours in a work week. Flexibility for evenings, weekends, and extensive travel throughout the year is essential!
- Compensation: The family is offering $40-45/hour based on the 50+ hours/week schedule which equates to an annualized base compensation of $115-130k/year range. The family may be open to a higher compensation package commensurate with experience.
- Benefits: The family is open to providing a full benefits package, including health, dental, and vision insurance, paid time off, 401k with a 5% match, a vehicle for professional use, and relocation assistance.
- Live-in/Live-out: Live-in. A private bedroom and bathroom in the family’s home will be provided.
- This family is looking for a wonderful, supportive candidate to join their family team. Their children, ages 5 and 7 years old, are described as being playful and have been skiing ever since they learned how to walk! As the family has another nanny who supports their 7-year-old, this candidate’s role will primarily focus on their 5-year-old. In addition, the family also has a dog and a dog walker!
- When not at home in beautiful Aspen, this family splits time between other residences in Chicago and in Europe and enjoys traveling throughout the year! The parents enjoy having a collaborative relationship with their nanny while balancing the importance of offering their nannies as much autonomy as possible. The family has an additional nanny who supports their other child and other household staff, so confidence in collaborating with parents and other staff is key!
- This position is ideal for a nanny who is excited to be a supportive, warm member of the family team. Candidates who have previous experience working with ADHD or neurodivergent children will be helpful. The family has other systems of support in place and someone who can work with the family’s desired philosophies, including gentle parenting, will be key. Someone patient, organized, and eager to engage in activities in Aspen and travel extensively with the family throughout the year will be a great fit.
- This is a child-focused role, and the family needs someone who takes initiative when working with the kids. Responsibilities include creating an environment for the children to grow and thrive, and diligently supervising fun activities such as pool play! Child-related household tasks including but not limited to meal prep, tidying, organizing of children’s areas, and errands, before and after school routines, coordinating activities, travel preparation, and traveling with the family throughout the year.
- 3 years of professional childcare experience
- Valid driver’s license
- Valid passport
- Knowledge and experience with early elementary-age children
- Previous experience supporting neurodivergent children/children with ADHD
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs (for example, to manage stroller and belongings during travel)
- Experience traveling personally or professionally with families
- Dog friendly
- Fully vaccinated and boosted (when eligible) against COVID-19 prior to start date in accordance with applicable laws
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!