A worldschooling family is seeking a passionate, resourceful private educator to join them for 6 months of travel through Asia, Australasia, and the South Pacific!
- Location: Traveling through Asia, Australasia and the South Pacific before relocating to Zurich, Switzerland next summer
- Ages of children: 9, 7, and 5 years old at start of contract
- Start date/Contract dates: January 2024 through July 2024. The family may have some flexibility on start date for the perfect candidate!
- Schedule: Full-time, guaranteeing 40 hours/week. A typical schedule will be 3-5 hours of classroom time 5 days/week (typically mornings), with time for prep, planning, and excursions outside of classroom time. A candidate who is flexible to adjust academic schedules to accommodate travel schedules, activity/excursion opportunities, and more will be key. A candidate who is open to occasional evening babysitting will be greatly appreciated!
- Compensation: The family is offering $40-45/hour which equates to a weekly base pay of $1,600-1,800/week and a 25+ week base contract compensation of $40-45k. The family is open to candidates who are seeking a higher compensation package commensurate with experience.
- Benefits: The family is open to providing benefits including paid time off, paid holidays, and travel insurance based on candidate need, duration of contract, and the full benefits package.
- Live-in/Live-out: Private and separate accommodations are provided at all locations. This will typically be a private apartment near the family’s residence.
- Other notes: The family is relocating to Zurich, Switzerland summer of 2024 and would welcome an educator who is interested and possesses the documentation to stay on with them for a 2-3 year contract!
- This flexible, kind, multinational family of five is looking for an amazing educator to join them as they embark on a 6-month adventure in Asia, Australasia and the South Pacific! Their children are rising third grade, first grade, and kindergarten age and they are very motivated, curious, easy-to-manage learners. For the past two years, they have homeschooled their three children with the help of an amazing teacher and a small pod of other families. Their current educator is unable to join in on their upcoming travels, so they are seeking a new educator to help develop their childrens’ academic skills and instill a love of learning while they travel the world!
- These hands-on parents take a strong interest in their children’s education and welcome the opportunity to partner with and support their educator in implementing their teaching plan. Their plans are flexible and evolving, but the family envisions that ‘school’ will be in the mornings and afternoons will be reserved for exploring as a family. The family is excited to work with with a diligent, creative, and fun-loving teacher with a deep passion for education and a yearning for some adventure!
- This position is ideal for a candidate who adores working with children and is passionate about progressive education and fostering a love for learning in their students! The family hopes to find an educator with a rich background in working with elementary-aged children who is creative, and excited to provide a hands-on, alternative learning experience. A passion for child-led learning is key, and a background in progressive learning approaches such as Montessori is a huge plus! The family will enjoy working with a candidate who can emphasize adventure creativity, critical thinking, communication and EQ as much as reading, writing and arithmetic. An educator who brings a sense of open-mindedness, passion, warmth, patience, organization, and tech-savvy to their role will be key!
- This educator will be responsible for homeschool instruction, balancing core curriculum with progressive, child-led learning approaches, as well as organizing field trips that weave in the culture, people, history and geography of the countries the family is traveling to. A willingness to pitch in with occasional babysitting (for a parents-only dinner out) will be appreciated. A candidate who is highly organized but flexible and open to spontaneity will thrive in this role!
- While not a requirement for this position, the family would love to work with a candidate who is an EU/EFTA citizen and would be interested in joining them long-term! German language proficiency would also be a big plus.
- At least 3 years of professional teaching experience in a classroom or homeschool setting
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to start date in accordance with applicable laws
- Bachelor’s degree in a child or education-related field
- Demonstrated love of and experience with traveling (either personally or professionally)
- Proven experience with the elementary ages and the associated academic and developmental milestones
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!