Optimizing your resume is an essential component of landing your dream job, and we are excited to share some tips to help you make your resume stand out!
Your resume is the first thing that both our team at Adventure Nannies as well as a prospective family will see; it is important to ensure that your resume is clear and concise, and your experience and qualifications are shown in the best light! In order to apply to any position on our job board, you will be required to upload your most up-to-date resume along with your application. In order to ensure that your candidacy is being considered as quickly as possible, please ensure that your resume includes the following information:
- All relevant positions worked in chronological order from most recent to least recent
- Start and end date (month and year) for each position
- Each full-time/part-time, long-term position listed individually (no blanket positions, i.e. “Nanny for multiple families, 2014-2019”)
- Ages of children at the start of the position
- Nature of the role (full-time, part-time, on-call, summer only, etc.)
- Description of job duties and responsibilities
- Reason for leaving the role
- Any gaps of employment explained (if through other non-childcare related experience, please include a separate section at the bottom of the resume for “Other Professional Experience”)
If you upload a resume that does not contain the information above when applying for a position, we will be unable to move forward with your candidacy. Please refer to our Adventure Nannies resume template to use as a reference; we highly encourage our candidates to utilize this template whenever possible. We look forward to putting your best foot forward on paper and working with you on future opportunities!
Many of our candidates have enlisted the services of Nanny Consults throughout their application process. They are happy to provide resume editing and design services to ensure your experience shines when applying to childcare positions! If interested in this service, you can email them directly at firstname.lastname@example.org and inquire about resume consulting. Mention that you were referred by Adventure Nannies to receive a discount!
Now that you’ve got a bit more information about how best to format your resume what will you do differently? We’d love to hear about your previous experiences with writing resumes!
Are you looking for an exceptional nanny, newborn care specialist, or private educator? Get in touch!
Do you have what it takes to be an Adventure Nanny? Apply Now!