A joyful, on-the-go family that splits their time between Los Angeles and New York City is seeking a positive, developmentally-minded, and self-starting nanny for their 4 and 2-year-old children!
- Location: New York, NY and Los Angeles, CA
- Ages of children: 4 and 2 years old
- Start date/Contract dates: As soon as they find the right fit!
- Schedule: Full-time, guaranteeing 50 hours/week with working hours falling between 8:30-6:30 (or similar). Two consecutive days off/week will always be offered, except in rare cases while traveling. Flexibility for schedule adjustments, additional hours, evenings, weekends, and travel to be asked and appreciated with advanced notice.
- Compensation: The family is offering $35+/hour based on the 40-50+ hour/week schedule, which equates to an annualized base compensation of $75-100k/year range dependent on experience and the agreed-upon schedule. The family may be open to candidates who are seeking a higher compensation package commensurate with experience.
- Benefits: The family is open to providing benefits including paid time off, paid holidays, health insurance and/or a health insurance stipend, relocation and/or housing assistance based on candidate need, and the full benefits package.
- Live-in/Live-out: Live-out in NYC. Extended travel is anticipated between Los Angeles, Chicago, Mexico, London, and beyond in the months ahead and private and separate accommodations will always be provided for the candidate in addition to all living expenses covered by the family when traveling.
- This dynamic, bi-coastal family and their two golden retrievers consider life to be one big adventure; they travel often for both work and pleasure, primarily between Los Angeles and NYC. They have plans to spend a few months in Chicago this fall/winter and start the year off in Mexico, so someone who is excited to hit the road with them will be key!
- Their two young children are both very outgoing and perceptive, and love to engage with others! The family has connected with the play-based, child-led learning philosophies akin to Waldorf and RIE, and values positive discipline approaches and minimal screen time as well. They are seeking a knowledgeable nanny who they can lean on for expertise, knowledge, and creativity when it comes to fostering a space of development and fun-filled enriching activities for their children to grow and thrive.
- This position is ideal for a candidate who is passionate about the early learning stages of toddlers and preschoolers and is skilled at incorporating creative, educational spaces for teaching and fun activities! The family hopes to work with a candidate who has a warm and positive spirit and can bring their experience and can-do attitude to the day-to-day.
- A background in early childhood education will be a big plus! As the family will travel often, flexibility in the schedule will be appreciated, along with the ability to adapt the day-to-day routine to the travel itinerary. Additionally, the family would be thrilled to work with a nanny with knowledge of Spanish, though this is not a requirement.
- A candidate with a pitch-in spirit who can provide healthy meals for the children, conduct child-related household tasks such as tidying and laundry, and provide light pet care as needed will be valued in this home for years to come.
- 3 years of professional childcare experience
- Fully vaccinated and boosted (when eligible) against COVID-19 prior to starting date in accordance with applicable laws
- Proven experience with toddler and early-elementary stages and familiarity with developmental milestones
- Experience traveling, either with a nanny family or extensively on your own
- Valid driver’s license
- Valid passport
- Familiarity with Waldorf, RIE, and/or Montessori philosophies will be appreciated
- Dog friendly and willing to provide light pet care!
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!