A loving and sociable New Jersey family is seeking a reliable, creative, and engaged nanny to help care for their son!
- Location: Highlands, NJ
- Ages of children: 14 years old
- Start date/Contract dates: As soon as they find the right fit!
- Schedule: Full-time, guaranteeing 40 hours per week with the general schedule falling on Monday through Friday from 1:00 pm to 9:00 pm or similar. Flexibility for late evenings and weekend coverage will be asked in advance and appreciated.
- Compensation: The family is offering $35-40/hour based on the 40-hour/week schedule, which equates to an annualized base compensation of $73-83k/year range dependent on experience and the agreed-upon schedule. The family may be open to candidates who are seeking a higher compensation package commensurate with experience.
- Benefits: The family is open to providing benefits including paid time off, paid holidays, health insurance and/or a health insurance stipend, and relocation assistance based on candidate need and the full benefits package. The family will provide a vehicle for professional use.
- Live-in/Live-out: Live-out. The family is open to providing a temporary landing pad and a housing stipend for the perfect relocation candidate.
- This warm, organized, and loving family is excited to work with a professional and playful nanny. Their 14-year-old son is described by his family as being happy, social, and affectionate and he loves music, stories, laughing, and being silly! He attends school full-time during the week, and the family is looking for someone to support him while at home. They are seeking a caregiver who can provide compassionate care and assistance in supporting a teen who is blind, non-verbal, cognitively disabled, and non-ambulatory. The family’s home has ample space and they look forward to incorporating more modifications to make their son’s life and care easier. Someone with a strong sense of initiative and eagerness will be a great addition to their crew!
- These dual-career parents are in and out of the home regularly and in their free time, they enjoy socializing with their neighbors, being creative, hanging with their cat, and making music! A candidate who is excited to join this warm family home and build a bond with their son will be a great match.
- This position is ideal for someone who is reliable and committed to providing consistent care and who is always looking for ways to play and laugh every day! A candidate who brings a level of familiarity and comfort with special needs and who is able to manage calendars, plan activities, and keep their charge engaged will thrive in this role. This family would like to work with a confident candidate who can take the initiative to establish their own routines and build a strong connection with their son through play and creativity!
- Responsibilities include providing a safe, nurturing, and stimulating environment for the child to grow and thrive! This includes but is not limited to researching and planning activities, engaging in creative play, providing safe and reliable transportation to activities and appointments, receiving training from the family to support the transfer to and from a wheelchair, preparing light meals for the child, and running occasional errands for the family.
- While not a requirement for the role, the family would love to work with a candidate who has some level of experience providing home care, held a previous role(s) supporting children with special needs, has a sibling or family member with a disability, or is interested in learning and has a heart for providing this kind of care.
- 3 years of professional childcare experience
- Ability to physically lift 50 pounds
- Ability to physically push a wheelchair
- Valid driver’s license
- Fully vaccinated and boosted (when eligible) against COVID-19 prior to starting date in accordance with applicable laws
- Cat friendly!
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!