A creative, on-the-go family in New York City is seeking a positive and proactive family assistant/nanny to join them in caring for their two children and household!
- Location: New York, NY
- Ages of children: 5 and 3 years old
- Start date/Contract dates: As soon as they find the right fit!
- Schedule: Full-time 40 hours/week with the general schedule falling on Monday through Friday from 12 pm to 8 pm or similar. Flexibility on the hours, adaptability to the changing schedule, and the ability to support the changing needs of the family is key in this role. They will always provide as much advanced notice as possible!
- Compensation: The family is offering $35-38/hour, dependent on experience and the agreed-upon schedule.
- Benefits: The family is open to providing benefits including paid time off, paid holidays, a health insurance stipend, a vehicle for professional use, and/or a MetroCard, based on the candidate’s needs.
- Live-in/Live-out: Live-out
- This dynamic, close-knit family considers life to be one big adventure, having lived on both coasts, and now settled into life in NYC. Their two young children are both very outgoing and perceptive and love to engage with others! Both children attend school Monday-Friday so a nanny/family assistant who is comfortable providing child-related household support in the early afternoons and jumping in to oversee both after-school and evening routines will be key!
- The family has connected with the play-based, child-led learning philosophies akin to Waldorf and RIE, and values positive discipline approaches alongside no screentime. They are seeking a knowledgeable nanny who they can lean on for expertise, knowledge, and creativity when it comes to fostering a space of development and fun-filled enriching activities for their children to grow and thrive! Someone who is great at logistics, educationally-based play, and fostering supportive daily routines will be a perfect fit for this position
- This position is ideal for a professional candidate who is passionate about the early childhood development of preschoolers and is skilled at incorporating creative, educational spaces for teaching and fun activities! The family hopes to work with a candidate who has a warm and positive spirit and can bring their experience and can-do attitude to the day-to-day.
- On a typical day, the ideal candidate is able to provide family assisting support such as tidying, kid’s laundry, family-related errands, and healthy meal preparation during the 12-2pm hours. From 2:30-8pm the candidate will switch into childcare focus, facilitating school pick-ups, after-school activities, dinner, and bedtime routines. Additional support will include date night coverage, evening events, morning and full daytime coverage when the kids are on early dismissal or days off from school, and the potential for a weekend day or travel, with advanced notice. Above all, a pitch-in, collaborative, and professional spirit will be essential in this fun-loving, welcoming household!
- While not required for the role, the family would be thrilled to work with someone who has a strong background or working knowledge of the RIE, Waldorf, and Montessori methods to continue the children’s classroom education at home.
- 3 years of professional childcare experience
- Proven experience with preschool and early-elementary stages and familiarity with developmental milestones
- Valid driver’s license and/or comfortable utilizing public transportation while caring for children
- Valid passport
- Dog-friendly and willing to provide light pet care!
- Fully vaccinated and boosted (when eligible) against COVID-19 prior to the start date in accordance with applicable laws
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!