A dynamic, adventurous family of five based in the Bay Area is seeking a flexible and proactive nanny/ personal assistant to join their team!
- Location: Menlo Park, California
- Ages of children: Three young children
- Start date/Contract dates: As soon as the family finds the right fit!
- Schedule: Full-time, guaranteeing 40 hours/week. A high level of flexibility is key and the team will work together to ensure the family and nanny team have coverage and support while traveling and at home. A general schedule includes Mondays through Wednesdays from 12 pm to 6 pm and Saturdays and Sundays from 8 am to 6 pm (Thursdays & Fridays off). The family always offers 2 days off weekly, unless a candidate wants to work more. Weekend support will be required.
- Compensation: The family is offering $40-45/hour based on the 40-hour/week schedule, in addition to a daily travel bonus (which they do frequently!) totaling an additional $15+k/year. This equates to an annual base compensation package of $130-135k/year. The family is open to candidates who are seeking a higher compensation package commensurate with experience.
- Benefits: The family is providing benefits including 15 days of paid time off, paid holidays, full healthcare coverage, and a 401k plan with 4% matching and immediate vesting. A daily travel stipend of $100/day is also included. Driving is required for this role and a vehicle will be provided while on duty.
- Live-in/Live-out: Live-out. Private accommodations are provided while traveling.
- Based on the beautiful peninsula of the Bay Area, these loving, professional parents are looking for someone who is energetic, flexible, and adventurous to join them in caring for their three young children (ages 6 and under) and on a travel-friendly lifestyle.
- The family is passionate about instilling individuality and self-sufficiency in their children and identifying and driving developmentally-enriching activities for each. They are excited to find a passionate nanny and personal assistant to join their dream team (inclusive of several Adventure Nannies!), to join them on their travels, support their household, and enrich their children’s daily routines and education.
- This position is ideal for a candidate who can provide a safe and nurturing environment for the children while incorporating education and fun activities into the children’s daily activities, while also managing the moving pieces of the family’s lives alongside other staff members.
- Nanny responsibilities include assisting with creating the nanny team schedule, and all things child-related, from transportation and scheduling to tidying and preparing meals for the kids. Personal assisting duties will include everything from coordinating travel arrangements and logistics, inventory management, light housework, grocery shopping, and assisting with other projects as requested.
- Flexibility to collaborate alongside other nannies and staff (including from other families) to plan and carry out activities for children will be appreciated as well. Excellent communication skills will be essential to work in collaboration with this tight-knit family team!
- This position is ideal for someone who is outdoorsy and ready for outdoor adventure. The family seeks someone who has a warm, nurturing, and firm approach to childcare and development. Someone who is team-oriented, collaborative, and has a high level of flexibility to adapt to the frequent schedule and itinerary changes will thrive in this role.
- 3 years of professional childcare experience
- Valid driver’s license, excellent driving record, comfortable driving in inclement conditions
- Fully vaccinated and boosted (when eligible) against COVID-19 prior to starting date in accordance with applicable laws
- Ability to commit to approximately a 1-year contract and travel for extended periods of time (up to 50% of the year)
- Tech savvy and organized with a working knowledge of the Google suite
- A background in Montessori education and Mandarin knowledge are huge pluses!
- Experience traveling with families and children
- CPR certification and willingness to get an annual flu shot
- Experience working with high-profile families with security concerns, high level of discretion, and strict adherence to NDA
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!