A playful and loving family of four is seeking a confident, fun-loving nanny to join them in caring for their newborn and preschool-aged children in Austin, TX!
- Location: Austin, TX
- Ages of children: 4.5 years old and 7 weeks old
- Start date/Contract dates: As soon as they find the right fit!
- Schedule: Full-time, guaranteeing 40+ hours per week with the general schedule falling on:
- Week A: Monday-Tuesday, Friday-Sunday
- Week B: Tuesday-Thursday
- Candidate can anticipate working every other weekend and will typically be on-call between 7am-9pm during work days.
- Compensation: The family is offering $30-35/hour based on the guaranteed hours and rotational weekend schedule which equates to an annualized base compensation of $63-75k/year dependent on experience and the agreed-upon schedule. The family may be open to candidates who are seeking a higher compensation package commensurate with experience.
- Benefits: The family is open to providing benefits including paid time off, paid holidays, health insurance stipend, a vehicle for professional use, and relocation assistance based on candidate need and the full benefits package.
- Live-in/Live-out: Live-out. A private nanny suite on the family’s property will be provided for the occasional overnight. For the perfect relocation candidate, the family may be open to providing short-term full-time housing.
- This family just welcomed their fourth member (sixth if you include their two friendly and sweet dogs!) and are excited to find a second nanny to join their crew. The family fosters an environment in their home that encourages their children to be loud and playful, including dance parties, singing, messy outdoor play, and explosive science projects. They also value their home being a very loving environment with lots of hugs, “I love you’s,” and talks about big feelings when necessary.
- Their 4.5-year-old will be attending pre-K this fall and both parents are regularly in and out during the day. These parents are hands-on and want to maximize their time with their children as much as possible. With extended family nearby, they value the opportunity to entertain and spend time with the people close to them. A candidate who is collaborative, confident in partnering with the family, and intuitive to the family’s desire for one on one time with their children will be valued for years to come!
- They describe themselves as close-knit and affectionate, having tons of fun on the homefront.
- While they are often at home in Austin, they like to travel throughout the year and are eager to find a candidate who can join them on the go. The family works with another nanny who rotates on the A + B schedule as described, a housekeeper, and a chef. They are excited to welcome another person into their home who is travel-ready, flexible, and excited to have adventures with their family!
- This position is ideal for a candidate who brings an intuitive, playful, adventurous, and loving demeanor to their work each day. A collaborative team player who can partner with parents and other staff will do well in this family’s active and team-minded home. Comfortability with the infant through preschool stages will be important in this role, as the candidate will be caring for both children.
- Responsibilities include fostering a loving environment for the children to grow and thrive, light child-related housekeeping, occasional family assisting duties, traveling with the family as needed, and light child-related meal preparation.
- While not a requirement for the role, the family would love to work with a candidate who speaks Spanish or has previous experience traveling with families and children!
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Valid passport
- 3 years of professional childcare experience
- Knowledge and experience with age-appropriate developmental milestones
- Comfortability in preparing basic meals for the children
- Dog friendly!
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!