A relaxed, heart-filled family in East Hampton is seeking an organized, communicative, and confident family assistant/nanny to join them in caring for their household and 9 and 4-year-old children!
- Location: East Hampton, NY
- Ages of children: 4 and 9 years old
- Start date/Contract dates: As soon as they find the right fit!
- Schedule: Full-time, guaranteeing 40 hours per week with the general schedule falling on Monday-Friday from 10:30am-6:30pm. A candidate who is flexible to provide overnight coverage 2 times/month while mom works in the city will be key. Flexibility for date night or an occasional weekend will also be appreciated with advanced notice!
- Compensation: The family is offering $30-35/hour based on the 40+ hour/week schedule and two overnights/month, which equates to an annualized base compensation of $65-75k/year range dependent on experience and the agreed upon schedule. The family may be open to candidates who are seeking a higher compensation package commensurate with experience.
- Benefits: The family is open to providing benefits including paid time off, paid holidays, health insurance and/or a health insurance stipend, a vehicle for personal and professional use, and relocation assistance based on candidate need and the full benefits package.
- Live-in/Live-out: Live-in or live-out. If live-in a private bedroom and ensuite bath in a separate area of the family’s home is available while the family renovates a separate nanny apartment on the property which will feature a kitchenette and living space in addition to a private bed/bath. The family is also open to live-out candidates and/or a candidate who is only live-in during the week should the candidate have that preference!
- This formerly NYC-based family of four moved out to the Hamptons during the pandemic, and have loved the ample opportunities to spend time playing outside and enjoying the fresh air with their family dog! At 4 years old, their daughter is independent, opinionated, and enjoying the opportunities to socialize and build up her social confidence. Their 9-year-old son is an easy, relaxed, funny kid who makes friends easily. Their parents describe them both as being happy, well-adjusted kids and they both attend school full-time during the academic year. This family has had the pleasure of working with a long-term nanny who has supported them for 8 years and hopes to find another candidate who’s eager for longevity and excited to build a warm, communicative working relationship.
- The family travels during typical school holiday breaks and will appreciate some flexibility and willingness to support them on trips! Both parents are full-time professionals working in and out of the home, so someone who is collaborative and comfortable tag-teaming with parents will be key.
- This position is ideal for a candidate who is a self-starter, approaches their role as a partnership with the parents, and is eager to provide holistic household support! Above all, this family wants to work with someone who really loves their kids and wants to be a part of their family. A keen eye for safety is important to this family, especially as it pertains to driving and swimming.
- Responsibilities include a combination of nannying like creating a safe and nurturing environment for the children to grow and thrive and being a wonderful role model, and family assisting type tasks, particularly while the children are in school, like managing the family email account, scheduling children’s activities, running errands, light pet care, and child-related organziging and meal preparation. A candidate who possesses or is excited to develop a strong family assisting skill set and is open to simple, full family meal prep one or two nights a week will thrive in this role for years to come!
- 3 years of professional childcare experience
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Knowledge and experience with age-appropriate developmental milestones
- Ability to swim and comfortability caring for children in and near water
- Dog friendly! Willing to support light pet care.
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!