A fun, open-minded family in Portola Valley, CA is seeking a private educator to join their nature-forward education pod!
- Ages of children: 5, 7, and 9 years old
- Start date/Contract dates: As soon as they find the perfect fit!
- Schedule: Full-time, guaranteeing 40 hours per week with the general schedule falling on Monday through Friday from 8am to 4pm. Typical class/field trips will take place 30-35 hours/week with 5-10 hours/week dedicated to prep and administrative time. Flexibility for extended travel to the family’s flower farm in Southern California will be asked in advance and appreciated!
- Compensation: The family is offering $45-50+/hour based on the 40+ hour/week schedule, which equates to annualized base compensation of $90,000-$115,000+k/year dependent on experience.
- Benefits: The family is open to providing benefits including paid time off, paid holidays, health insurance and/or a health insurance stipend, paid cell phone, a vehicle for professional use, and relocation assistance based on candidate need and the full benefits package.
- Live-in/Live-out: Live-out. The family is happy to provide a housing stipend for the perfect relocation candidate. A private, newly renovated apartment on the family’s farm will be provided in Santa Barbara.
- This bustling 3-kid home, as well as their 7 backyard chickens and family dog, enjoy a life of sun and fun in beautiful Portola Valley, CA. The parents describe their eldest child as the nature enthusiast of the family, who loves spearfishing, being in the ocean, camping, hiking, whittling wood, and riding/ caring for horses. Their middle child loves creative play, books, and puzzles and has a bright and determined personality. At 5 years old, their youngest and only daughter is outgoing, creative, activity-oriented, and thoughtful.
- This flexible, kind family is seeking to provide their children with a unique educational journey by launching a school that will be part homeschool, part activity group, and part traveling to their flower farm and ranch on the Southern California coast. The family is excited to provide a beautiful classroom environment in a separate structure near their organic vegetable garden, with a second classroom location on the family’s working flower farm. Both parents spend time in and out of the house, and love to spend extra time with their group of friends, going to the ocean, meditating, doing yoga, and growing their own food! The family would love to work with a candidate who is excited to instill wellness into their children.
- This position is ideal for an educator who is passionate about providing an enriching, well-rounded education to school-aged children! The family is eager to work with a candidate who is collaborative, creative, fun, flexible, well-organized, and brings a positive mindset to their role. The family’s eldest child has a Specific Learning Disorder with impairment in written expression and benefits from an educator who can provide 1-on-1 instruction, maintain a peaceful classroom environment, and ideally has some experience working with children with ADD/ADHD to best support this student.
- The family loves project-based and nature-based learning styles and is excited about the opportunity to build their dream homeschooling environment! A candidate who is eager at the opportunity to collaborate in the creation of this classroom environment will be valued.
- Responsibilities in this role include homeschooling a rising 4th grader, rising 2nd grader, and rising Kindergartener in core subjects like math, reading, writing, science, social studies, and art. The children are currently being taught using Bridges in Mathematics, Fundations, and The Reading & Writing Project for Literacy. A candidate who is confident in teaching curriculum, excited to help facilitate social activity groups with other children, and travel with the family to their flower farm will thrive in this role!
- While not a requirement for the role, the parents would love for their children to be exposed to Spanish!
- At least 3 years of professional teaching experience in a classroom or homeschool setting
- Valid driver’s license
- Proven experience teaching elementary-aged students
- Willingness to travel with the family as needed
- Bachelor’s degree
- Pet friendly! Comfortable working around a dog and chickens
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!