A busy family based in Park Slope, Brooklyn is seeking a dedicated nanny/family assistant to join their family!
- Location: Park Slope, Brooklyn, NY
- Ages of children: 12 and 7 years old
- Start date/Contract dates: As soon as they find the right fit!
- Schedule: Full-time. On a week the family is not traveling, the candidate will work 30-40 hours/week (for example, Monday-Friday 2pm-8pm). Flexibility to provide 24-hour care, with built-in time off, 10-12+ weeks/year when the family travels for work without the children, or to join them on travel, will be asked and appreciated, and as much advance notice as possible will be provided. As both children are school-aged, the nanny will provide family assisting support during lighter weeks, and receive some downtime during the day for 24-hour care dates.
- Compensation: The family is offering an hourly rate equivalent to an annualized base compensation of $125-150k/year dependent on experience.
- Benefits: The family is open to providing benefits including paid time off, paid holidays, a health insurance stipend, and relocation assistance based on candidate need and the full benefits package. A vehicle will be provided for professional use, if required.
- Live-in/Live-out: Live-out. The nanny will be provided with private living quarters when traveling, and when providing 24/7 care when the family travels without the children.
- Other notes: This family welcomes both NYC-based and non-local candidates in this role. They are seeking to develop a long-term, collaborative relationship with their nanny.
- This busy, welcoming family, including their two school-age children, are excited to find a nanny to support their creative crew! The two children, ages 12 and 7, are described as being smart, playful, curious, loving, and warm. Both attend school during the week, and when they’re not at school, the 12-year-old loves horseback riding and gymnastics. Their 7-year-old loves to skateboard! The family also has two sweet dogs at home.
- Travel to various locations throughout the year for work is required, so someone who is able to fill big shoes and confidently care for the children full-time at home will be essential for the role. When possible, the nanny and kids will join them on their travels! When at home, the family loves spending time together and will require less daily support from the nanny, so flexibility to adjust schedules will be key. The right candidate will foster the kids’ interests, talents, and strengths and help them enjoy their time at home!
- This position is ideal for someone who has a big heart for children and families and is eager to be an open, communicative caretaker. The right candidate will bring a curious, creative, thoughtful, and patient demeanor, along with a strong sense of initiative, excellent organization and communication skills, flexibility to support a variable schedule, and an open mindset!
- Responsibilities include creating a consistent environment for the children to grow and thrive! Child-related tidying, grocery shopping, children’s meal prep, helping with before and after school routines, and supporting homework will be key! A candidate who can confidently support the children and household will be pivotal.
- While not required for the role, someone with specific training supporting children with ADD/ADHD would be welcome. A candidate who brings a compassionate, supportive, and patient level of care, and the ability to be intuitive and supportive toward these needs is key for the right candidate. The family is enthusiastic about working with a candidate who is relationship-driven and has a passion for being an engaging, present childcare provider!
- 3 years of professional childcare experience
- Valid passport
- Travel nanny experience and flexible to travel with the family as needed
- Willing to provide healthy, simple meal prep for the children
- Family assisting or comparable professional experience, willing to provide family assisting support
- Fully vaccinated and boosted (when eligible) against COVID-19 prior to starting date in accordance with applicable laws
- Knowledge and experience supporting school-age children
- Dog friendly! Willing to support light pet care.
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!