A caring, open-minded family of three based in Washington DC is seeking a supportive, engaging, and proactive nanny/family assistant to support their home and 8-year-old boy!
- Location: Washington, DC
- Ages of children: 8 years old
- Start date/Contract dates: As soon as they find the perfect fit!
- Schedule: Full-time, guaranteeing 40 hours per week with the general schedule falling on Mondays through Fridays from 11am to 7pm. Flexibility for additional hours for weekends, evenings, and travel, as well as to shift hours during school breaks or closures (for example, 8am-5pm), will be asked and appreciated with advanced notice.
- Compensation: The family is offering $35-40/hour based on the 40-hour/week schedule, which equates to an annualized base compensation of $73-84k/year range dependent on experience and the agreed-upon schedule. The family may be open to candidates who are seeking a higher compensation package commensurate with experience.
- Benefits: The family is open to providing benefits including 4+ weeks of paid time off, paid holidays, a health insurance stipend, a vehicle for professional use, and relocation assistance based on candidate need and the full benefits package.
- Live-in/Live-out: Live-out. A private and separate bed/bath in the family’s home may be available as a landing pad for a relocation applicant and the family may be open to offering a housing stipend for the perfect applicant.
- As a progressive and active household, this family of three is open-minded and passionate about learning and experiencing new things, and are excitedly instilling a love for these values in their son! Their 8-year-old is curious, speaks Spanish, and loves to build with Legos or read non-fiction books; they love when he’s able to get outside to explore, from a nature walk to swim class, to venturing around the sites of DC when he is not attending school full-time.
- These dual-career parents who split time between working from home and in the office during the week, while professional and on-the-go, describe their family and household as fun, welcoming, and light-hearted. With bustling schedules, the family is eager to find a nanny/family assistant who can jump in to provide hands-on care for their son while helping to ensure their home runs smoothly. The family travels around typical school breaks and often offers this as extra paid time off for the nanny. Spending one month of each summer in California, they’d welcome the nanny to join, if interested!
- This position is ideal for a candidate who is engaging and active, who loves to guide and be a positive role model for bright, growing children, and who is ready to dive into exciting projects and activities with this family’s curious 8-year-old!
- This position offers wonderful opportunities for growth, and a nanny/family assistant with a pitch-in mentality will feel right at home. With bustling schedules, this family is excited to work with an intuitive candidate who supports the inner runnings of the home, especially during school hours. This may include various organizational projects, prepping meals for the child (the family is vegetarian, though do not require this of their nanny!), running errands as needed, picking their son up from school, managing calendars, overseeing vendors, and more. With their son in school full days, there is ample time to accomplish family assisting tasks during the day, and sometimes remotely.
- Someone who brings a progressive, open-minded spirit will do well in this heart-filled home, as well as a curiosity for life and a sense of engagement in all that they do! While not a requirement for the role, the family would welcome a candidate who brings fluency in Spanish and/or French to the position!
- 3 years of professional childcare experience
- Valid driver’s license
- Knowledge and experience with age-appropriate developmental milestones, specifically experience and confidence in caring for elementary-aged children
- Fully vaccinated and boosted (when eligible) against COVID-19 prior to starting date in accordance with applicable laws
- Love for cooking and excitement for full family simple, healthy, vegetarian meal prep on occasion is a big plus! Willingness to provide healthy meal prep for the child is a must-have.
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!