Casual, adventurous first-time parents based in Mill Valley, CA are seeking a nanny to join them in caring for their infant!
- Location: Mill Valley, CA
- Ages of children: 4 months old
- Start date/Contract dates: As soon as they find the right fit!
- Schedule: Full-time, guaranteeing 50 hours per week with the general schedule falling on Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 4:30pm, including one evening per week. When traveling, the family will utilize a rotational schedule (for example two weeks on/two weeks off) to ensure they have full coverage and can offer additional downtime for their nanny. Advanced notice will always be provided for travel weeks, and flexibility will be key!
- Compensation: The family is offering $35-40/hour based on the 50+ hour/week schedule, which equates to an annualized base compensation range of $100-115+k/year dependent on experience and the agreed upon schedule. The family may be open to candidates who are seeking a higher compensation package commensurate with experience.
- Benefits: The family is open to providing benefits including paid time off, paid holidays, a health insurance stipend, and relocation assistance based on candidate need and the full benefits package.
- Live-in/Live-out: Live-out. The family is open to providing a housing stipend for the perfect relocation candidate.
- Other Notes: The family does not currently have a vehicle available for professional use as driving is not a consistent part of the role. They may be open to providing one once necessary, though a candidate who is open to using their own vehicle and being reimbursed for mileage/insurance would be welcome.
- These low-key parents are enjoying the first months with their wonderful daughter, who they welcomed into their lives this past November! They describe her as being fun, alert, and engaged, and they are loving watching her grow. They are excited to find someone who can step in to play and educate her, while also letting her explore the world in her own way. The family has worked with a newborn care specialist for their first months with baby, and are hopeful to find a candidate who can carry on with the wonderful routines and foundations set in place by their NCS.
- In their free time, the family loves to hike, travel to far-flung places, rock climb, go to the theatre, and recharge at home. Their work takes them around the world, sometimes relocating for 1-2 months of the year. With flexible work schedules, the parents plan to spend time in and out of the house and will love working with a candidate who is confident in partnering/stepping in and out as needed. Someone who is eager to travel alongside this family will be valued, as they also spend a part of the year in New York City and have upcoming summer travel planned to Scandinavia. They are eager to partner with a nanny who is a professional, easy-going teammate in caring for their child.
- This position is ideal for someone who has a flexible, broad-minded outlook and loves working with babies and first-time parents! The parents are excited to find someone who is collaborative, helpful, nurturing, and excited to join them as teammates in parenting. Someone who can confidently flow with this family and is excited to join them wherever their travels may take them will be key!
- Nanny responsibilities include creating an environment for baby to grow and thrive. Children’s laundry and child-related tidying, planning occasional outings and activities, and supporting the family on regular travel will be key. The family would love to work with someone who is happy to pitch in with light family assisting duties like occasional grocery shopping, light meal prep, and some help tidying up and organizing. These duties will be as time allows, as the family is excited to step in and spend time as much time with their child as possible.
- While not a requirement for the role, the family would love to work with a candidate who has a Spanish or French language background.
- 3 years of professional childcare experience
- Knowledge and experience with age-appropriate developmental milestones
- Experience traveling with families and children
- Willingness to pitch in with family assisting duties
- Valid driver’s license
- Valid passport
- Fully vaccinated and boosted (when eligible) against COVID-19 prior to start date in accordance with applicable laws
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!